Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Gradually raise or lower pitch on a sound clip
[Post New]
I'm wondering if there's a way to adjust the pitch on a sound clip so that it gradually goes up or down. The only way I've found to do it so far is in steps in WaveEditor, but the end result is very jarring and not nearly as smooth as I'd like. Plus it takes way longer than it should.

I'm trying to make sound clips raise and lower, kind of how a trombone can go up and down without breaking the tone. I don't see any way to do this with keyframes in PD14, and AudioDirector and WaveEditor aren't helping much that I can find either.

Does anyone know of a way to do this? Thanks in advance for any input!

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jan 28. 2016 22:42

ps - This is what part of the alphabet would look like if 'q' and 'r' were eliminated. -Mitch Hedberg
jcardana
Senior Contributor Location: USA-NM Joined: Aug 04, 2014 10:11 Messages: 650 Offline
[Post New]
Ever heard of Audacity?
http://audacityteam.org/

My favorite feature is changing the temp of a song without changing the pitch.

I'll tinker around with it .

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 28. 2016 23:51

CyberPowerPC | Win7HP-64 | AMD FX-8320 3.5 Ghz | 8GB Mem | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2GB | WEI 5.9

My Video Editing Computer
| My DirectX Diagnostics

PowerDirector 15.0.2820.0 | PhotoDirector 7.0.7504.0 | AudioDirector 6.0.5902.0 | ColorDirector 4.0.4627.0 | Power2Go 9.0.2602.0

Sutter Hill SDA Church
| Anadrac_Organ_Works | My_Youtube_Channel
jcardana
Senior Contributor Location: USA-NM Joined: Aug 04, 2014 10:11 Messages: 650 Offline
[Post New]
It only changes the pitch of the selected portions so again, you'd have to do it in segments. Not what you're looking for. CyberPowerPC | Win7HP-64 | AMD FX-8320 3.5 Ghz | 8GB Mem | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2GB | WEI 5.9

| My DirectX Diagnostics

PowerDirector 15.0.2820.0 | PhotoDirector 7.0.7504.0 | AudioDirector 6.0.5902.0 | ColorDirector 4.0.4627.0 | Power2Go 9.0.2602.0

Sutter Hill SDA Church
[Post New]
Crap, thanks for the suggestion though. After looking into Audacity a little I think it may still work for other editing I may need to do soon, so thanks! ps - This is what part of the alphabet would look like if 'q' and 'r' were eliminated. -Mitch Hedberg
Richmond Dan
Senior Contributor Location: Richmond, VA Joined: Aug 07, 2014 17:17 Messages: 673 Offline
[Post New]
"ps - This is what part of the alphabet would look like if 'q' and 'r' were eliminated. -Mitch Hedberg"

I'd often wondered... Regards,
Dan
Power Director 21-Ultimate
v 21.0.3111.0
XPS-8940, Win-10 64-bit,
Intel Core i9-10900 processor
(10 core, 20M Cache),
32GB DDR4 RAM, 2TB M.2 PCIe NVME SSD, 2TB 7200 RPM SATA HDD,
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER 8GB GDDR6
glowx231 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 19, 2015 12:06 Messages: 32 Offline
[Post New]

Load your sound file into Audacity. Then under Effect use "Sliding Time Scale/Pitch Shift"

jcardana
[Post New]
Quote:
Load your sound file into Audacity. Then under Effect use "Sliding Time Scale/Pitch Shift"

Darn it, you beat me to it!!!

http://manual.audacityteam.org/o/man/sliding_time_scale_pitch_shift.html CyberPowerPC | Win7HP-64 | AMD FX-8320 3.5 Ghz | 8GB Mem | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2GB | WEI 5.9

| My DirectX Diagnostics

Sutter Hill SDA Church
[Post New]
Quote: "ps - This is what part of the alphabet would look like if 'q' and 'r' were eliminated. -Mitch Hedberg"

I'd often wondered...

I'm here to educate as well as learn.

Quote:
Quote:

Darn it, you beat me to it!!!

[url=http://manual.audacityteam.org/o/man/sliding_time_scale_pitch_shift.html
]http://manual.audacityteam.org/o/man/sliding_time_scale_pitch_shift.html
[/url]

WOO! Amazing, thank you so much! I'll test this as soon as I get home! ps - This is what part of the alphabet would look like if 'q' and 'r' were eliminated. -Mitch Hedberg
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Good job llo & jjo

I'd been testing a few VST plug-ins imported into AudioDirector & WaveEditor, but had little success. The freebies I tested either didn't function as expected or created unwanted distortion.

The closest I got was using PitchWheel - http://www.quikquak.com/Prod_Pitchwheel.html - but it was going to cost $$$

The Audacity effect is much easier to work with.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
p605
Newbie Joined: Dec 27, 2015 11:59 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
ynotfish, thanks for the tips. I'm still very new to this so even if something does help me right now, it's going into my notes for future reference. ps - This is what part of the alphabet would look like if 'q' and 'r' were eliminated. -Mitch Hedberg