Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
High DPI Screen resolution config on PD14 ?
GaryAlanThompson [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 26, 2016 13:03 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

So I've upgrade to PD14 as my old version menu fonts were too small to be usable on a screen resolution of 1920 x 1080.

PD14 states it has support for high DPI screens.

How on earth do I configure it to show larger fonts for the the menu's etc. I've looked through the forum, google search and have found nothing about setting the program to display larger menu font sizes.

Any pointers gratefully received.
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Gary -

PDR14 is compatible with higher resolution monitors & it's easy to configure... having said that, you shouldn't need to do that for a 1920x1080 screen, unless there's a vision issue.

1. Open your Windows Display settings & set your screen resolution (e.g. 3840x2160 - whatever your monitor is)

2. Set the text size - 100%, 125% or 150% or set *custom text size (DPI)

3. After logging off, your screen text will adjust to your settings. When you open PDR, the text will be scaled up.

* For my 3840x2160 monitor, I have the text scaled to 180%.

If you're using Windows 10, the steps are slightly different but the result is the same. You can make everything bigger by dragging a simple slider.

Cheers - Tony

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jan 27. 2016 12:28

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
jcardana
Senior Contributor Location: USA-NM Joined: Aug 04, 2014 10:11 Messages: 650 Offline
[Post New]
I second ynotfish's post CyberPowerPC | Win7HP-64 | AMD FX-8320 3.5 Ghz | 8GB Mem | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2GB | WEI 5.9

My Video Editing Computer
| My DirectX Diagnostics

PowerDirector 15.0.2820.0 | PhotoDirector 7.0.7504.0 | AudioDirector 6.0.5902.0 | ColorDirector 4.0.4627.0 | Power2Go 9.0.2602.0

Sutter Hill SDA Church
| Anadrac_Organ_Works | My_Youtube_Channel
[Post New]
Thanks for the feedback guys, however all other apps are fine at 150% - pd14 is simply unusably small.

If pd 14 doesn't align it's font sizing with other apps on win 10 at that scaling, I'll have to request a refund as not fit for purpose.

Taking it to 180 % makes all other apps too big to be comfortably usable.

Madness. Exactly why I stopped using it before...
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Gary -

You're right - if you are using a 1920x1080 (or smaller) monitor. Changing the display settings has no impact on PDR.

The high DPI compatibility refers to screens of higher resolution than 1920x1080. On my 4K screen, the text & icons scale according to my settings.

Cheers - Tony
[Post New]
Thanks Tony - appreciated.

Bugger....
geokr [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 02, 2013 18:54 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
I have PD11 on windows 10 and recently upgraded to a 4K monitor. The text and icons are unreadably small even though all other apps are fine with the display set at 225%. Going larger to 380 max doesn't help much. Is PD11 even capable of supporting a 4K monitor? I was thinking about upgrading but if this is the best I can do then I'm not going to waste more money.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 17. 2017 13:18

ynotfish
[Post New]
Hi geokr -

Quote: I was thinking about upgrading but if this is the best I can do then I'm not going to waste more money.

I'm not sure what the problem is, except that PDR11 is not equipped for High DPI scaling.

As stated in your other recent thread UHD scaling was introduced in PDR13.

See attached screenshots of PDR13, 14 & 15 (same project) with display resolution set at 3840x2160 & scaling at 200%.

Cheers - Tony
[Thumb - UHD Scaling PDR14.png]
 Filename
UHD Scaling PDR14.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
3032 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
50 time(s)
[Thumb - UHD Scaling PDR15.png]
 Filename
UHD Scaling PDR15.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
3065 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
44 time(s)
[Thumb - UHD Scaling PDR13.png]
 Filename
UHD Scaling PDR13.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
3058 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
42 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 20. 2017 15:27

MrBuckeye [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 20, 2017 12:34 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hi,

So I've upgrade to PD14 as my old version menu fonts were too small to be usable on a screen resolution of 1920 x 1080.

PD14 states it has support for high DPI screens.

How on earth do I configure it to show larger fonts for the the menu's etc. I've looked through the forum, google search and have found nothing about setting the program to display larger menu font sizes.

Any pointers gratefully received.

OK .. open your PD program - hold down on the "windows" key AND at the same time, hold down on the + (plus) key POOF your window should enlarge for whatever program you are using.

Hope this helps !!

Daryl