Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PD14 won't author/write a DVD
chuckpuckett [Avatar]
Member Location: Alabama Joined: Jan 30, 2011 09:41 Messages: 95 Offline
[Post New]
I have a project which is composed of 8 separate music videos, all created by PD, most PD14,a couple PD13.

The total time is significantly less than an hour, total space ~ 4000 out of 4700 MB.

EVERYTIME I try to Create Disc, PD14 crashes within seconds of starting the Authoring phase.

Same machine I've used for a couple of years.

Really making me frustrated, and I have no clue what happened. I must have sent 100 post crash messages to Cyberlink, but that seems to evoke absolutely no response.

There's nothing weird in the project. Each video segment is marked with a chaper, and there's a Fade transition to each successive video.

I realize I have not provided a plethora of info, but I got nothing else. Except a GRRRrrr feeling.

Suggestions for how to proceed? Chuck Puckett
"I don't want to steal the show. I only want to borrow it for a while"
http://www.puckettpublishing.com
http://www.chuckpuckettsongaweek.com
JerryM2016 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 07, 2016 10:10 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Chuck I have a similiar problem. My software doesn't crash, it just comes up with the error code.eC00C0005, and refuses to complete. I have made a formal tech request to Cyberlink, but have not heard from them yet. I will post the answer they give when and if I get it. Gerald W. Mead
All vodi
Senior Contributor Location: Canada Joined: Aug 21, 2009 11:24 Messages: 1431 Offline
[Post New]
1. Using PD, "burn" your DVD to a folder (disable to DVD).
2. Try writing the DVD from the folder using any free DVD burner ( Imgburn). Win 10, i7
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: I have a project which is composed of 8 separate music videos, all created by PD, most PD14,a couple PD13.

The total time is significantly less than an hour, total space ~ 4000 out of 4700 MB.

EVERYTIME I try to Create Disc, PD14 crashes within seconds of starting the Authoring phase.

Same machine I've used for a couple of years.

Really making me frustrated, and I have no clue what happened. I must have sent 100 post crash messages to Cyberlink, but that seems to evoke absolutely no response.

There's nothing weird in the project. Each video segment is marked with a chaper, and there's a Fade transition to each successive video.

I realize I have not provided a plethora of info, but I got nothing else. Except a GRRRrrr feeling.

Suggestions for how to proceed?

I assume you really mean DVD as implied and not BD or AVCHD on DVD. Since it's failing in the authoring stage immediately I'd try the following 2 and see what happens:

1) If you have Nvidia GPU make sure GeForce Experience is uninstalled
2) In pref > Hardware Acceleration I'd make sure both items are not selected

Jeff

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 26. 2016 19:50

chuckpuckett [Avatar]
Member Location: Alabama Joined: Jan 30, 2011 09:41 Messages: 95 Offline
[Post New]
I DO have GeForce Experience. Uninstalling.
I'll uncheck Enable NVIDIA CUDA, but won't that slow things down, both in rendering and preview? Chuck Puckett
"I don't want to steal the show. I only want to borrow it for a while"
http://www.puckettpublishing.com
http://www.chuckpuckettsongaweek.com
JerryM2016 [Avatar]
[Post New]
I tried uninstalling Nvidia GeForce Experience, same results: 1)can't burn to folder
2) can't burn to disc

I got a reply from Cyberlink, to try same and try other clips. Still no help. Sent them screen shots and other info, haven't heard back yet.

I can take a PowerDirector 14 produced .mpg and copy it to disc. That will play on my Sony Blu-ray, but it's useless without the menu. Gerald W. Mead
Neil.F.1955 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Mar 07, 2012 09:15 Messages: 1303 Offline
[Post New]
A question, for both chuckpuckett and Gerald W., if I may.

What type of file are you attempting to burn to DVD? It could be the file type that is causing the problem. Generally, DVD's are burned from MPEG2 video as a complete presentation, with menu(and first-play intro, if you've a mind to create one and add it to your disc). Other types of file, like AVI, AVCHD(depending on file size), MP4 are really only best stored on a DVD as a data file, much like you'd save a Word or Publisher document. They will play on a DVD player, provided the disc has been "closed"(finalised)but there's no menu, as such and the contents will appear on screen listed alphabetically rather than in the order you put them on the disc. If you want high image quality and are prepared to sacrifice DVD capacity(at DVD-SP burning quality, a disc can hold up to 2 hours, 25 minutes of content) then burn your videos as MPEG2 at DVD-HQ. Hope this helps.

Cheers!

Neil.
JerryM2016 [Avatar]
[Post New]
I am just trying to burn a regular mpeg2 with menu at normal burn rate, nothing high speed. Burn starts and immediately gives a error . Gerald W. Mead
Neil.F.1955 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi, Gerald W.!

In light of what you're experiencing, perhaps a complete uninstall, run defrag(could help!) then re-install. However I should point out that PD14 does not offer DVD authoring at DVD-SP quality unless the content is 4:3 aspect ratio. For anything shot digitally(or sourced from digital TV broadcast) in 16:9 aspect ratio, your only options for burning(authoring) are DVD-HQ or "Smart-Fit". I'm somewhat wary of the latter option as it implies that some of the content may be automatically deleted in the authoring process. For this reason, I've kept PD8 installed on my computer as that version still provides authoring at DVD-SP(which has the side-benefitof allowing up to 2 hours, 25 minutes of content on a 4.7GB disc.)

Cheers!

Neil.
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
Smartfit does not remove content, it lowers the bitrate until your project fits on the selected disc. This can degrade the final output appearance, it's up to the viewer to decide if the result is acceptable.

I suggest Gerald start a new thread so we can focus on what may be a totally different problem even if it is similar on the surface.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 31. 2016 08:39

HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
Neil.F.1955 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: Smartfit does not remove content, it lowers the bitrate until your project fits on the selected disc. This can degrade the final output appearance, it's up to the viewer to decide if the result is acceptable.

I suggest Gerald start a new thread so we can focus on what may be a totally different problem even if it is similar on the surface.

Hello, Barry!

Okay, you've cleared up my misconception of "Smart Fit", but it still leaves the extremely limited option of either DVD-HQ or Smart-Fit when authoring a DVD containing 16:9 a.r. wide-screen videos, giving the DVD-SP option only for 4:3 aspect ratio videos. This limits PD14's use, in my view. It's just as well I kept PD8 installed then.

Cheers!

Neil.
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Gerald,
As Barry has requested, please start a new thread for your issue.
Dafydd
Neil.F.1955 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hello all!

Chuckpuckett's and Gerald W.'s situations are both similar in that they are having great difficulty getting PD14 to author(burn) a disc. Surely each could get an answer through this thread.

Cheers!

Neil.

(I see I've gained promotion to Senior Contributor... taken me a while but I got there in the end!)
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Neil.F.1955,
The aim is to stop other posters taking over an OP's thread with their issue regardless of how similar it might appear. The OP's issue is the one that matters not the hijacking post.
See the guides.
Dafydd
Neil.F.1955 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi, Dafydd B!

Chuckpuckett was the "original poster"(OP) on this thread, yes. But I don't think Gerald W. was attempting to "hijack" the thread. Gerald had the same problem as Chuck, where PD14 would not burn a DVD. There was, admittedly a slight variance in each case but it was the same problem, failure to burn a DVD. So I believe Gerald deserves an answer within the same thread as the problem is in the same theme.

cheers!

Neil.
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Neil,
Thank you for your thoughts. My original answer and Barry's suggestion stands. Start a new topic.
Dafydd
Neil.F.1955 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: Hi Neil,
Thank you for your thoughts. My original answer and Barry's suggestion stands. Start a new topic.
Dafydd

Hi, Dafydd!

I don't think I'll bother. I've said as much as needs to be said so I'll leave this one alone now.

Cheers!

Neil.