Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Power Director v7 takes 5 minutes or so to load in vista ult x64
David [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 02, 2008 21:22 Messages: 14 Offline
[Post New]
i just did a fresh install of windows vista ultimate x64 and a fresh install of cyberlink powerdirector v7 and when i load the software it literally takes 3-4 minutes to load even though i have a pretty fast machine. any ideas why?

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Dec 02. 2008 22:13

JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
David

Not sure I understand your question, title implies PD7 does not load completely, your text body just implies it's slow to load. Which one?

I have seen auto log into Directorzone and auto check for updates cause a slowness to launch at times. You can change these settings in

Edit Menu --> Preferences --> Director Zone Tab
Edit Menu --> Preferences --> General Tab

and turn off the Auto sign in to DirectorZone and auto updates.

I have not seen 3-4 minutes with the above, more like 15 seconds worst case, but could be ISP dependant and geographic region.

Jeff
David [Avatar]
[Post New]
your right, good point. i was making the post while waiting around 5minutes for the program to load and it finally loaded and i never changed the subject line.

when i double click the program the loading screen comes up. the arrow circles around over and over again for 3-5 minutes before the program loads. i will do what you suggested but i doubt it. i am on FIOS and have incredible internet.

*also when i click the voice over recording tab the whole program freezes

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Dec 02. 2008 22:15

David [Avatar]
[Post New]
yeah tried your suggestions, no luck. tried updates still no luck. this is really frustrating. other than that, i really like the software
David [Avatar]
[Post New]
anyone?
Uber Dave [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 18, 2008 19:47 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Hey David

Ya, I have the same problem, it takes around 3-4 minutes to load a project. I too have a good computer. It drives me nuts everything is the latest and greatest and still loads at a snails pace. I can't figure ot out.
Is there anyone out there who can help.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 04. 2008 17:26

GRANDAN [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 13, 2007 21:34 Messages: 9 Offline
[Post New]
That's pretty strange. I use Vista Ultimate x86 version and I just launched v7.00.2227c and it was open in 8 seconds. I don't have super fast PC either, just Core2Duo @ 2.13 Ghz; I do have 4GB RAM but only about 1.4GHz used .

I am assuming that you aren't autoloading the project that you worked on last; if you have that preference checked, you might want to uncheck it and try. Maybe you could try launching performance manager before you launch PDR and see if you can see which resource might be the constraining element during the PDR launch--sounds like you will have a lot of time to analyze while it loads.
Uber Dave [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 18, 2008 19:47 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
I have Vista Home Premium with Core2Duo 6420@ 2.13 G with 4G of ram
I tried what you suggested but know go. I did notice it's real slow loading the new capture video but quick loading still images. Perhaps I captured the video incorrectly for optimum loading? I have a Cannon ZR 70 Digital Camcorder.
GRANDAN [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 13, 2007 21:34 Messages: 9 Offline
[Post New]
Well, now I am a little confused. Yes, it will take some time to add a video file. Depending on the size of the file, it could take a few minutes. Also, if you are converting the file from another format to MPEG (which is what PD7 uses) then that can slow the loading. For example if you were to load a one hour TV show that you recorded with Windows Media Center, PD7 will convert the file from .dvrms to .mpeg and that will take some time as a one hour recording could be 3-4GB in size.

However, if you just launch PD7 as if you were going to make a new project with no media files, it should be open in less than 15 sec given your processor speed. But, once you start importing files for your project, some video files will take a while to load as I indicated above.