Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Free Music/ SFX Resource - Over 2000 Tracks
[Post New]
Hi everyone,

I've created over 2000 tracks of music and sound fx that that you can freely use in your
projects. It's all oringal...all my own work. All I ask is to be
credited as indicated on my homepage:

http://soundimage.org/

I sincerely hope my tracks are helpful. Any and all feedback is welcome and always appreciated.

Thanks!

Eric

This message was edited 6 times. Last update was at Jan 14. 2020 03:29

Jirka.Bolech
Senior Member Location: Liberec, Czech Republic Joined: Aug 16, 2014 06:03 Messages: 158 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Eric,

Even if I never used your music, it's most nice of you to offer it. Thanks…

Jirka
[Post New]
Quote: Hi Eric,

Even if I never used your music, it's most nice of you to offer it. Thanks…

Jirka

You're very welcome!
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
You do have a variety of music on your website. I may use one on my next YouTube upload. There is a good selection for users here to listen to. Thank You .
[Post New]
Quote: You do have a variety of music on your website. I may use one on my next YouTube upload. There is a good selection for users here to listen to. Thank You .

You're very welcome. If you happen to use any of my tracks, feel free to send me a link to your video if you wish...I love to see how creative people are using my music.
Terminal [Avatar]
Member Joined: Dec 30, 2015 22:38 Messages: 56 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Hi everyone,

I've created over 500 tracks of music that that you can freely use in your

I sincerely hope my tracks are helpful. Any and all feedback is welcome and always appreciated.

Thanks!

Eric

Wow, that's very cool. There are some nice audio files in there. Do all of the audio files and the entire website belong to you? I would like to snag a few of the tracks for use in something sometime. Thank you.
[Post New]
Quote:
Quote: Hi everyone,

I've created over 500 tracks of music that that you can freely use in your

Thanks!

Eric

Wow, that's very cool. There are some nice audio files in there. Do all of the audio files and the entire website belong to you? I would like to snag a few of the tracks for use in something sometime. Thank you.

You're very welcome! And yes, I compose and perform every track on the site. They are free to use in commercial projects, non-commercial, personal, whatever you like as long as you credit me properly.

Thanks for checking out my work.
Neil.F.1955 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Mar 07, 2012 09:15 Messages: 1303 Offline
[Post New]
Hi, Eric!

I'm not a YouTube contributor, I put all my videos on to disc to be viewed by family and friends, but if I were to use your material, I'd certaily credit you. Where I am, there's a community TV set-up in the neighbouring city of Newcastle(Australia, not UK). We're going through some hassles at the moment with our federal government trying to deprive community TV stations of their access to the free-to-air TV channels, a disgraceful act indeed! If the community TV sector can win this fight, and Newcastle's "Hunter TV" can finally get its on-air licence, I may be contributing video content to the station, in which case, your music may well come in handy and will be fully credited along with your website, probably someting like this:

Music by Eric Matyas - http://soundimage.org/ or words similar. (just finished typing and the address changed to blue, nice touch!) I look forward to sampling your wares soon. Address colour went blue in the writing of the post, back to black afterposting but turned red when cursor held near it, still, nice touch!)

Cheers!

Neil.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 22. 2016 22:18

[Post New]
Quote: Hi, Eric!

I'm not a YouTube contributor, I put all my videos on to disc to be viewed by family and friends, but if I were to use your material, I'd certaily credit you. Where I am, there's a community TV set-up in the neighbouring city of Newcastle(Australia, not UK). We're going through some hassles at the moment with our federal government trying to deprive community TV stations of their access to the free-to-air TV channels, a disgraceful act indeed! If the community TV sector can win this fight, and Newcastle's "Hunter TV" can finally get its on-air licence, I may be contributing video content to the station, in which case, your music may well come in handy and will be fully credited along with your website, probably someting like this:

Music by Eric Matyas - http://soundimage.org/ or words similar. (just finished typing and the address changed to blue, nice touch!) I look forward to sampling your wares soon. Address colour went blue in the writing of the post, back to black afterposting but turned red when cursor held near it, still, nice touch!)

Cheers!

Neil.

I used to work in community TV, too...(I did it when I got out of film school) so I know what you're dealing with.

Btw, if you're not sure how to credit me, the details are on my homepage...(just scroll down.)

Best of luck getting your channel, and hopefully some of my tracks will come in handy!

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jan 22. 2016 23:08

Neil.F.1955 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi, Eric!

The community TV station isn't mine, it's operated by another person based in Newcastle. The thing is, the federal government, here in Australia, wants to kick all community TV stations off the one solitary FTA(free-to-air) channel that was allocated to them, Channel 31. One Sydney-based station has already called it quits, TVS, Sydney, closed down just prior to Xmas last year. How many more will follow, I don't know, but it saddens(nay, angers) me that the station operators aren't fighting back. The government wants these "stations" to be seen only via the internet, but that defeats the purpose for which they were set up in the first place. Not everyone owns a computer, and of those who do, not all of them have reliable internet access, in some places here in Australia, the internet access is anywhere between woeful and non-existent. Thus potential viewers and station operators are effectively "disenfranchised". It's a disgraceful way for a government to behave. Well, that's my rant and rave!

Cheers!

Neil.
Kyle 40
Contributor Location: Cumbria Joined: Sep 06, 2013 14:14 Messages: 467 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Eric , I just wanted to say thank you for telling us about your music, I've had a quick listen and you made some really nice music.

Cheers I just want to edit and make pictures, walk my dog and go fishing.
[Post New]
Quote: Hi Eric , I just wanted to say thank you for telling us about your music, I've had a quick listen and you made some really nice music.

Cheers

You're very welcome...thank you for listening to some of my tracks!
All vodi
Senior Contributor Location: Canada Joined: Aug 21, 2009 11:24 Messages: 1431 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks Eric. You're doing a good job of promoting your web site on a large number of platforms. The music variety is good. Definitely useful in video editing.

How does Youtube's recent aggressive attitude on copyright work with your audio tracks ? Win 10, i7
[Post New]
Quote: Thanks Eric. You're doing a good job of promoting your web site on a large number of platforms. The music variety is good. Definitely useful in video editing.

How does Youtube's recent aggressive attitude on copyright work with your audio tracks ?

Thanks, it's quite a challenge so I really appreciate your encouragement!

I haven't heard of any problems (yet) from people wanting to use my music on YouTube, but I'm still very new to all of this. What seems to be the problem?
All vodi
Senior Contributor Location: Canada Joined: Aug 21, 2009 11:24 Messages: 1431 Offline
[Post New]
NO problem yet. We'll have to wait until someone uses your audio track on Youtube in their video. That's when their automated robots analyze the music tracks. Win 10, i7
Neil.F.1955 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi, Eric!

The "problem", if or when it arises, is when YouTube detects music in the soundtrack of a clip uploaded to it. YT "assumes" the music to be subject to copyright and "flags" it as such(often incorrectly), thus challenging the video's creator to prove that the music was:

A) their own composition(such as your music, Eric),

B) sourced from "Smartsound"(copyright cleared for such purpose),

C) extraneously "picked up" by the camera's microphone from a music source playing somewhere nearby(could be a radio or a stereo system).

Such challenges are frustrating for the creator of a video as he/she has to go through a huge legal process to try to prove any or all of the above. It results in frustration all round. I suspect many video creators would be leaving music out of any material submitted to YouTube because of this situation. If they've been "bitten" once, they're not going to be "bitten" again.
[Post New]
Quote: Hi, Eric!

The "problem", if or when it arises, is when YouTube detects music in the soundtrack of a clip uploaded to it. YT "assumes" the music to be subject to copyright and "flags" it as such(often incorrectly), thus challenging the video's creator to prove that the music was:

A) their own composition(such as your music, Eric),

B) sourced from "Smartsound"(copyright cleared for such purpose),

C) extraneously "picked up" by the camera's microphone from a music source playing somewhere nearby(could be a radio or a stereo system).

Such challenges are frustrating for the creator of a video as he/she has to go through a huge legal process to try to prove any or all of the above. It results in frustration all round. I suspect many video creators would be leaving music out of any material submitted to YouTube because of this situation. If they've been "bitten" once, they're not going to be "bitten" again.

Wow, that sounds aweful. Well, lots of people have used my music in YouTube videos and I haven't heard about any problems, so this aggressive flagging must be a new thing. (I actually have a youtube channel in which I upload my music so it can be listened to in playlists...I'm surprised I haven't been flagged.)
Neil.F.1955 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi, Eric!

In your case it seems like "so far, so good". You haven't yet been "flagged" for copyright infringement.

From what's been said so far in this thread, it seems YouTube's automatic detection does not discriminate between "commercial"(Bert Kaempfert, Henry Mancini, James Last, etc.), "generic"(Smartsound music) or "self-created"(such as yours or anyone else's music). That's where the problem lies. Even if you were to insert text on your video detailing the origins of the music you've used, I'd suspect you may get "flagged" at some time or other, and the burden would be on your shoulders to prove the source was either your own work or from Smartsound.

As I said, for you, up to this point, it's been "so far, so good" and for your sake I hope it stays that way, but the potential is still there for you to be "flagged" when you put rven one of your own compositions into a clip for YouTube. By rights it should be YouTube's obligation to sort out this problem itself, not dump it on its contributors.

Cheers!

Neil.
jcardana
Senior Contributor Location: USA-NM Joined: Aug 04, 2014 10:11 Messages: 650 Offline
[Post New]
I got caught on a copyright flag with my parents video. I played "Unchained Melody" on my Yamaha FX-20 organ. So it was me playing and my recording. But because I played music somebody else wrote... I got nailed. And I learned something. CyberPowerPC | Win7HP-64 | AMD FX-8320 3.5 Ghz | 8GB Mem | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2GB | WEI 5.9

My Video Editing Computer
| My DirectX Diagnostics

PowerDirector 15.0.2820.0 | PhotoDirector 7.0.7504.0 | AudioDirector 6.0.5902.0 | ColorDirector 4.0.4627.0 | Power2Go 9.0.2602.0

Sutter Hill SDA Church
| Anadrac_Organ_Works | My_Youtube_Channel
jcardana
Senior Contributor Location: USA-NM Joined: Aug 04, 2014 10:11 Messages: 650 Offline
[Post New]
Oh, and thank you Eric for offering your music. I'm sure I'll be using something. I also usually send links to the contributors of my finished work when I use theirs. As well as credit. CyberPowerPC | Win7HP-64 | AMD FX-8320 3.5 Ghz | 8GB Mem | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2GB | WEI 5.9

My Video Editing Computer
| My DirectX Diagnostics

PowerDirector 15.0.2820.0 | PhotoDirector 7.0.7504.0 | AudioDirector 6.0.5902.0 | ColorDirector 4.0.4627.0 | Power2Go 9.0.2602.0

Sutter Hill SDA Church
| Anadrac_Organ_Works | My_Youtube_Channel