Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PD Version 14 going slower and slower
arjun108 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: london Joined: Oct 13, 2014 16:36 Messages: 15 Offline
[Post New]
I just upgraded a month or so back from powerdirector from 12 to 14 and im facing several
problems from first the software going slow to the tracks freezing and
jittering ..And now even if use one track im having problems along with
crashes..The PIP is turning into a nightmare as its hard to do anything because of the slow speed and other issues not solved.

Ive contacted support and gone through the usual of providing
photoshots,downloading again ect but still its just getting worse each
time till its getting to hard to use even with one track ..Im wondering if anyone can help
[Post New]
There are a couple of things to check:
1) That your computer is not infected with a virus
2) That your hard drive is not getting full. More than half full and you would likely see some degradation in performance.
3) That your hard drive is not badly fragmented. Windows has a utility to check and fix this.
4) That your hard drive is not failing, causing multiple re-reads and re-writes. Again, Windows has a utility to check this.
5) Try setting your preview windows to a lower quality preview and see if this helps.
There may be other things as well, but these are just a few that spring to mind.
HTH Scott Hendry
www.scotthendry.com
YouTube username TheCscottHendry
arjun108 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Scott, thanks for your reply..I did defragment it today, checked for viruses , deleted many but still its acting the same.When i checked the taskmaster it had it 100 percent on cpu and a lot of memory was taken up.I think also im using music software the PC cant handle it..maybe.Im not a tech wiz..I might just have to get another PC just to use this programme is another option Thanks
[Post New]
The problem you described is that the program is "going slower and slower". Did it ever perform to your satisfaction on your computer? If the answer is yes, then your computer is sufficient to run the program, you just have to find out what is causing the high CPU usage. Windows utilities are your friend here. If you look at the resources monitor, you should be able to see which processes are utilising the CPU the most and what program those processes are associated with. What happens then, is up to you. In my experience, viruses are quite likely to use up lots of system resources such as CPU time, memory and disk space. Getting rid of the really nasty viruses can sometimes be difficult. Things like rootkits are difficult for anti virus programs to detect and remove. If you sometimes visit websites that could be a little shady, you should invest in a very good anti virus program. Scott Hendry
www.scotthendry.com
YouTube username TheCscottHendry
arjun108 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Scott , you maybe right it could be a virus even though i strictly dont visit shady sites on this pc as this is for my music work but on the other one i do and that working perfectly fine lol .. When I was using powerdirector 12 it was ok then when i went to 14 there were some issues but as what its turned into the last week or so..Im going to check it out or get it checked out and find out if its a hidden virus thanks