Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Title Deigner crash
Pavel_Kolotilov
Newbie Location: Oslo, Norway Joined: Jan 10, 2016 13:29 Messages: 15 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

I just installed the PD14 and have the following problem: after some time of successful use of Title Designer, I cannot open it anymore. Every time I try to do it, it either freezes and I have to kill PDR.exe myself, or it crashes directly. Does not matter, what title I try to open or from there. It ALWAYS hangs.

I reinstalled the whole package several times, tried to clean up the registry, delete all the cyberlink files everythere (in program files, windows users foders, etc). It keeps doing the same.

Everything else seems to work fine.

Any idea, what that can be?

In the meantime I contacted Cyberlink support and I am waiting for the answer from them. But I guess it will take some time before I here from them. Best regards,

Pavel Kolotilov
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Hi,

I just installed the PD14 and have the following problem: after some time of successful use of Title Designer, I cannot open it anymore. Every time I try to do it, it either freezes and I have to kill PDR.exe myself, or it crashes directly. Does not matter, what title I try to open or from there. It ALWAYS hangs.

I reinstalled the whole package several times, tried to clean up the registry, delete all the cyberlink files everythere (in program files, windows users foders, etc). It keeps doing the same.

Everything else seems to work fine.

Any idea, what that can be?

In the meantime I contacted Cyberlink support and I am waiting for the answer from them. But I guess it will take some time before I here from them.
Try other titles in Title Designer to check if really a problem with Title Designer.

The smart thing to do is recreate the title that is bad. Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

Pavel_Kolotilov
[Post New]
Hi,

I cannot open any title from neither timeline nor the title pane. Title Designer does not open neither from old project nor new blank project. In the same time, all the previously created titles work: I can see them in preview window and can produce the movie. Before it happened I created several titles with title designer using Latin and Russian alphabet and it was working for a while.

At the moment I have to use NewBlue titler to do the titles. Best regards,

Pavel Kolotilov
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
1. Show us please.
2. Use the CyberLink Screen Recorder and capture a short wmv video of the event and attach it to your reply.
a) Open PDR14 - so it's full screen.
b) Open CyberLink Screen Recorder, use the standalone's desktop shortcut (I have mine in the taskbar), record your actions to show the Title Designer not functioning.
3. Please provide a diagnostic of your computer. See info Part A & B guides: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/45455.page

You've reinstalled PDR14, so was that an overwrite of the current version or did you uninstall PDR14's components via the Control Panel?
Dafydd

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jan 14. 2016 12:29

Pavel_Kolotilov
[Post New]
Hi Dafydd B,

1. I uploaded on my Google drive a small capture sequence:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4M-5o5vqkGNc0JlVHhpbmRicms/view?usp=sharing

On the video I kill the process after it hangs. Otherwise it lingers forever (or for a long time). Sometimes it dies itself in an instant and I get Cyberlink crash reporter that tells me that PDR.exe has crashed and offers to send a crash report. I send a couple with my mail account and informed Cyberlink later about them.

2. My computer data:

Cyberlink PowerDirector 14.0.2302.0, SR number VDE151023-05

I attach dxdiag file in English (had to change the language , otherwise everything is in Russian).

3. I reinstalled it a couple of times the following way:

a. Uninstalled everything that PowerDirector installed one by on from the control panel. Even the Microsoft C++ libraries.

b. Looked through all the Windows folders: Program files, Users, etc (searched with windows search "Cyberlink") and deleted them all.

c. Looked through the registry with Regedit (but did not find anything there). It looks like uninstaller works well.

d. Restarted the computer.

e. Installed everything again. Strangely enough, after all that I still had all my preferences in PD set up correctly. I forgot to delete something or it saves them on the server somethere?

f. Manually deleted all the temporary files.

g. Reinstalled Nvidia driver.

I tried everything that I could except reinstalling the Windows (I would prefer to avoid it).

Thanks for help.
 Filename
Pavel_Kolotilov_64_DxDiag.zip
[Disk]
 Description
Dxdiag file
 Filesize
14 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
374 time(s)
Best regards,

Pavel Kolotilov
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Pavel_Kolotilov ,
Thank you for the video and diagnostic.
1. Please contact CyberLink's customer support and inform them of the Title Designer issue you have.
2. Via PM, please provide me your email address, the one you used on the crash report and the Support Ticket ID.
I'll pass the additional info onto CyberLink and let them investigate.
Dafydd
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Pavel_Kolotilov,
Please could you carry out a simple test.
Open PDR14,
Drag in the sample video CyberLink provide with PDR14, to Track 1.
Go to Titles
Select "All Content"
Select "default" Title and drag it to the Titles Track under the video.
Right Click on track title graphic and select "Edit Title" or Double click on graphic.
Does Title Designer display?

Dafydd
Pavel_Kolotilov
[Post New]
Hi Dafydd,

I did what you asked and I still cannot open the title designer. It either crashes directly or freezes, like before.

Also I tried to play a bit with the framerates. Changed them from normal for me 50 to 25 and 30, and the same thing. Best regards,

Pavel Kolotilov
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Pavel_Kolotilov ,
CyberLink are investigating the issue. They should contact you via the support ticket from now on.
Dafydd
Pavel_Kolotilov
[Post New]
Great!

Thanks a lot Dafydd!

Pavel Best regards,

Pavel Kolotilov
Pavel_Kolotilov
[Post New]
Hi everyone,

I got tired to wait for Cyberlink to look at the issue and started to look for the solution myself.

Finally, I managed to solve it. Apparently, TitleDesigner was not able to start in the full screen mode. I was looking around in the registry and found the title designer start up configuration. It is in

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\CyberLink\PowerDirector14\DialogSetting\TitleDesigner\

The variable name isMaximized was set to 1. I set it to 0 and restarted the PowerDirector. Magically Title Designer started to open again.

The funny thing, that I cannot reproduce the error. If I maximize the TitleDesigner now and save it, the registry setting changes to 1 again, but the title designer opens without a problem!

Not that I complain though. laughing Best regards,

Pavel Kolotilov
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
That is good that you have to knowledge to troubleshoot and solve the problem. What may have happened is PD14 was running and that your pc locked up or froze or lost power causing PD14 not to set everything to the correct state before closing. Other users that have similar problems in the past have said uninstall/reinstall doesn’t solve the problem. All the PD entries in the registry are not removed in an uninstall like in the no sound issue.

Glad that you solved the problems.

PS The problem can possibly be duplicated like open PD14, Open Title Designer. Maximize it. Do something. Unplug the pc to simulate sudden loss of power, etc. This is bad for the pc.
Pavel_Kolotilov
[Post New]
Hi,

Yes, I know that unplugging my PC while it is working is not a particulary good idea. So, I think I will pass :

But I still think that PD has a potential problem there, especially when you are saying that something similar happened before in other modules. Best regards,

Pavel Kolotilov
swiguy [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 31, 2015 13:09 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks Pavel. I had the same exact issue with PowerDirector 15 and it almost ruined video of my family's first vacation. Your instructions helped much more than any of CyberLinks useless instructions.

Can't thank you enough and this fix/issue applies to PowerDirector 15 as well.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 16. 2017 12:41

Pavel_Kolotilov
[Post New]
Quote Thanks Pavel. I had the same exact issue with PowerDirector 15 and it almost ruined video of my family's first vacation. Your instructions helped much more than any of CyberLinks useless instructions.

I am glad you could save your family vacation video : PD has some strong sides, but official support is not one of them.
IanOnTheTrent [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Campbellford Ontario Canada Joined: Apr 04, 2016 17:43 Messages: 10 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Thanks Pavel. I had the same exact issue with PowerDirector 15 and it almost ruined video of my family's first vacation. Your instructions helped much more than any of CyberLinks useless instructions.

I am glad you could save your family vacation video : PD has some strong sides, but official support is not one of them.

How the heck do you know how to hack this? Brilliant work and thanks! I'd buy you a beer or two for that effort.

That is an understatement..."but official support is not one of them.". I left Corel Video Studio after many years of use as I grew tired of glitchy software and terrible customer support. And now Cyberlink PowerDirector? I moved to Adobe Lightroom from Corel Aftershot. Lightroom is brilliant program but certainly more expensive. Maybe I need to leave PowerDirector now. I had a job due last night and I couldn't deliver it on time because of this issue. I was just about to finish the project with Corel Video Studio but I found your troubleshooting effort (that seems to work for me to.)

Again Pavel, many thanks. And tsk tsk Cyberlink. From my searching, this issue seems to have been around since at least PD10 if not earlier.
[Post New]
Quote Hi everyone,

I got tired to wait for Cyberlink to look at the issue and started to look for the solution myself.

Finally, I managed to solve it. Apparently, TitleDesigner was not able to start in the full screen mode. I was looking around in the registry and found the title designer start up configuration. It is in

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\CyberLink\PowerDirector14\DialogSetting\TitleDesigner\

The variable name isMaximized was set to 1. I set it to 0 and restarted the PowerDirector. Magically Title Designer started to open again.

The funny thing, that I cannot reproduce the error. If I maximize the TitleDesigner now and save it, the registry setting changes to 1 again, but the title designer opens without a problem!

Not that I complain though. laughing

Thanks for the info.. same thing happened in PD17
[Post New]
Quote Hi everyone,

Not that I complain though. laughing

Well done! This worked for me! Title Designer crashed PowerDirector 14 when I clicked Modify Template. This began after I created my first title template. The crash occured whether I modified a personal title or one of CyberLink's titles. The crash occurred whether hardware acceleration was off or on (NVIDIA driver up-to-date). I reinstalled PD14 and re-patched, but no change until I tried your fix.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 06. 2019 15:32