Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Why My Burnt Blu-ray Project Plays on One Blu-ray Player, but Not the Other?
Jerosmith1980 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Sep 12, 2012 10:59 Messages: 59 Offline
[Post New]
Hey all, I am so frustrated. I've been at this off and on for days.

So I burnt a video project on my PD 14, it produced just fine.

1920 x 1080 30/fps

Set the recording to

H.264; HD 1920x1080 as well.

First I did the audo in DTS 5.1; then again on a new Bly-ray disc in Dolby 5.1

On my main Blu-ray Player that's hooked up via HDMI to my Home Theater Receiver, the audio is 'in and out" every 2 seconds.

HOWEVER- when I preview it on my editing laptop, the sound is fine. Also, when I put the burnt disc into my childs blu-ray, there are no audo problems what so ever.

All audio options are enabled in all formats on my main Blu-ray Player, so that's not it..

Thoughts?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 05. 2016 21:03

Neil.F.1955 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Mar 07, 2012 09:15 Messages: 1303 Offline
[Post New]
Hello, Jerosmith1980!

This sort of thing often happened with DVD players(earlier models) where one model would play a home-burn disc without problems while another would display any number of "hiccups" in playing the disc, or refuse to play it at all, so it's more than likely it's one of the players that may have issues with your disc, rather than the disc itself. Try putting a lens cleaner across the player that "played up" on your disc and see if that helps. Beyond that it's probably the design of the player(its inner workings) that may be why it acts as it does with your disc.

Cheers!

Neil.
Jerosmith1980 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Neil.F.1955, thanks for the reply!

Good point on cleading the Blu-ray player that is dropping the audio. I didn't think to do that, only because that never happens on my actual Blu-ray movies, plus some of my older burnt Blu-ray that I made with an earlier version of PD work perfectly fine as well in all DVD/Blu-ray players.

That's what had me stumped.

I will check that option out however.

Thanks again!
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
A good blast of canned air in the BR unit may also help, it worked for me, the burner would work with DVDs, but would do nothing with a Blu-ray. A quick blast and I was back in business.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 06. 2016 10:06

HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
Jerosmith1980 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: A good blast of canned air in the BR unit may also help, it worked for me, the burner would work with DVDs, but would do nothing with a Blu-ray. a quick blast and I was back in business.

I was thinking of that too - I may run to Staples later today and pick up a can, good to have on hadn anyhow.

Thanks!!
Neil.F.1955 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Mar 07, 2012 09:15 Messages: 1303 Offline
[Post New]
G'day, Jerosmith1980!

Glad Barry and I were able to help!

Cheers!

Neil.
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
I don't think anything has been solved yet.
HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
glowx231 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 19, 2015 12:06 Messages: 32 Offline
[Post New]
This is not uncommon for DVDs & BDs.

The optical player installed on your PC will invariably give you the most comprehensive playback satisfaction.

What brand blanks did you use?

It is wise to use nothing but Verbatim brand to burn dual layer DVDs or BD disks.
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: It is wise to use nothing but Verbatim brand to burn dual layer DVDs or BD disks.

That is exactly what is acknowledged in the imgburn forums.
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
Just a quick comment since I didn;t see anyone mention it - Have you gone to the Manufacturer's web site to check for updates for the blu ray player? Sometimes there is an option to update the player in a web connected device. I know that mine have that option. .
BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
That is good advice Steve but a lot of individuals won't do anything until there is a problem.