Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Product Key - Going between machines
Auzette [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Kirkland Joined: Jan 05, 2016 12:24 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Hello. Just purchased PowerDirector 14 on the end of year sale, and had a question. The product key I was emailed, will it work on a single machine? Or can I have it on both work and home machine as I go back and forth? I don't want to install the software and activate it on work machine here, if it's limited to one (I would just install on my home machine).

Thanks.
garioch7
Senior Contributor Location: Port Hood, Nova Scotia, Canada Joined: Feb 07, 2011 06:45 Messages: 852 Offline
[Post New]
Auzette:

Welcome to the PD14 Forum. I had a look around my PD14, but could not find the EULA or a licensing file, but then there are lots of places for PD14 to hide that information.

From what I know, having been on this Forum for some time, the software is licensed to a single computer, unless you purchased more than one licence.

Hopefully someone more knowledgeable will confirm, or correct, this information.

Have a great day.

Regards,

-Phil Windows 10 Pro x64
Dell XPS 8930
Intel CoreT i7 (4.6 GHz)
32 GB DDR4-2666 RAM
1 TB PCIe -x4 SSD
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060
PD14 Ultimate x64, 4207
CD4 Ultra and AD6 Ultra
Bleeping Computer Malware Response Instructor
Neil.F.1955 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Mar 07, 2012 09:15 Messages: 1303 Offline
[Post New]
Hello, Auzette and garioch7!

Interesting this topic should pop up again, albeit in a new thread! I've always considered it to be nothing short of sheer greed that a company, like Cyberlink or any other company making whatever type of software, should restrict an end-user to installing on just one computer. This is akin to buying an LP or CD of favourite music and being told you may only play it on one designated turntable or CD player. If such policies were enforced by record companies, they'd end up bankrupt as no-one would buy any records or CDs under such conditions. Considering the expense one goes to in order to obtain the software(any software), then it should be the prerogative of the end user(s) as to how he/she/they will use the software, and on how many computers it shall be installed. If the one person(or company) owns several computers, then he/she/they sould be free to install on all or as many of those computers as he/she wants/they want - from the one installation disc!

Cheers!

Neil.
TonyL [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Nr. Coventry, UK Joined: Oct 10, 2015 04:07 Messages: 46 Offline
[Post New]
Here's the thread for the last time this question arose.

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/45824.page#237068

TonyL Self build Xeon W3690, 12GB RAM, 850EVO SSD, Asus 2GB GTX960, Win10H 64bit, PD14
iMac 27" Retina 5K i5, 24GB RAM, Radeon M295X 4GB, Bootcamp Win10H 64bit