Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Bug in magic music?
Notonotonurb [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 20, 2015 15:16 Messages: 20 Offline
[Post New]
I have a problem with magic music. I selected one soundtrack with magic music for my whole video. The soundtrack is placed in the music track. So far so good. Thereafter, I deleted the music track and replaced it with another magic music track. The problem is that my first video clip is playing both soundtracks, the old and the new one, whereas the second video clip is playing only the new soundtrack, as expected. I have no idea why and suspect that this is a bug.

I packed my PD media files in one compressed folder and uploaded it on google drive:

https://docs.google.com/uc?id=0B13xfYZIRuNVTEF4SUU2Y0Y0NDQ&export=download

Warning: this is a 1.2 GB file. It contains two short UHD clips. The rendered video is not in the file. I can upload it if needed.

Thans for any help,

Bruno Asus Z170, i7 6700, 32GB DDR4, GTX1070
Win 10 pro
Samsung Galaxy Note 3
Samsung NX1
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
The packed project is working properly on my pc. The Global Vibes/New Shores is heard throughout the 2 min. project. I experimented with replacing the smartsound track with others and find that the only way to hear 2 different tracks at the beginning to use Crossfade instead of Replace. Tried both with and without shadow files. No difference noted.

It is possible that going to Preferences/General/Manually Delete/Preview cache rendered files may help in your situation if the pc had too many of them.

If you open this packed project now let us know if the smartsound is correct now on your pc. If not then perform the Manually delete action above and check again.
Notonotonurb [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 20, 2015 15:16 Messages: 20 Offline
[Post New]
Good to know that the packed project is working fine on your PC. Unfortunately, both the packed project and the original project have the dual soundtrack bug on my PC. I problem did appear after I tried to replace the smartsound track with another one. If I remove the music soundtrack, then no sound is playing. And if I relplace the soundtrack by non smartsound MP3 music file, then there is no double soundtrack.

I tried your suggestion to delete the shadow files using the Preferences/General/Manually Delete/Preview cache rendered files, unfortunately without improvements.

I rerendered the project and noticed that now both video clips have a double soundtrack.

I uploaded the rendered video to the same google drive directory: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B13xfYZIRuNVdDJMamszeUNKQ28/view?usp=sharing

Thank you for taking the time to look into this issue.

Bruno Asus Z170, i7 6700, 32GB DDR4, GTX1070
Win 10 pro
Samsung Galaxy Note 3
Samsung NX1
tomasc [Avatar]
[Post New]
Went ahead and rendered the Smart Sound music in your packed project as PD14test of 2 min. 9 sec. 15 frames. Added the same SS Global Vibes/New shores of 2 min. 9 sec. 11 frames on one of my own projects and rendered that audio as GVNS.m4a. Placed your uploaded and produced pd14_test_hevc.mp4 on track 1 of the timeline. See the attachment.

Your uploaded produced project audio waveform looks different and sounds different from your original uploaded packed project. All are supposed to be Smart Sound Global Vibes/ New shores right?? There are obvious string instruments heard along with drums on yours but not on my two produced projects.

Maybe Smart Sound works different on different pc’s. Would like a more experienced or knowledgeable user to help or explain the difference with Smart Sound seen here on the timeline of the attached screenshot if they can.
[Thumb - onurb12.jpg]
 Filename
onurb12.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
Timeline screenshot of SS Global Vibes/New shores.
 Filesize
551 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
134 time(s)
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Bruno & tomasc -

As tomasc seemed to have this issue covered, I wasn't going to download the PD14test project. I have now, as it seems to have taken some twists & turns.

What I found here:

• Original "test_pd14" rendered fine with no "ghost audio"

• Replaced Global Vibes - New Shores with another SS track, Global Pulse - Spirits. Renedered with no "ghost audio"

• Replaced SS track with completely different audio bed (.WAV) & rendered with no "ghost audio"

... that leads me to think tomasc's original thinking is correct, as the issue didn't show up in our renders. Something related to temp files/media cache. Clearing all that, in theory, should resolve the issue.

Bruno - have you tried disabling/removing all audio tracks not linked to the UHD videos - rendering that - then (in a fresh project) adding your selected audio & re-rendering in the same format? That might fix it.

tomasc - I'm downloading Bruno's produced file to check out the differences you detected in the audio. Will report back.

Cheers - Tony

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 02. 2016 13:37

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Bruno & tomasc -

The audio in "pd14_test_hevc" is not Global Vibes - New Shores. Completely different instrumentation & feel. I cannot heart any evidence of the drumming in Global Vibes - New Shores.

Something's messed up here, tomasc. Here, when I open Bruno's original "test_pd14" project, the SS track starts at 00:00:00:15 and is 00:02:09:26 in duration (different to what you reported).

I rendered that SS track in WAV format & it's exactly the same as the produced file from the original project (except the ambient audio in the video clips). Screenshot attached.

Bruno - have you got rid of the ghosts yet???

Cheers - Tony
[Thumb - Bruno - audio compare.png]
 Filename
Bruno - audio compare.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
196 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
139 time(s)

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
tomasc [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thank you Tony for looking into this problem and giving your expertise here. The actual SS length=2:10:15 – 0:15. Did the math in my head and miscalculated. The rendering does show that SS ending is dynamic at the end when the length is shorten a few tenth of a second. This cause the few seconds of ending to be different in my screenshot.

There is a SmartSound button in the Magic Music window that allows one to rebuild the database and clear the cache. Other than that I’m not sure what else can be done in SS. Manually deleting all the PD14 cache files with no project open can also be done. This problem has never been reported before whereby SS loads the wrong music.

onurb12 - Let us know if performing the above action fix the issue for now.