Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PD 6 projects to PD7
Tom [Avatar]
Newbie Location: St Helens, Merseyside, UK Joined: Jul 23, 2007 14:08 Messages: 19 Offline
[Post New]
Hi

A quick question that I have not found in the forum. I currently use PD6, and have just purchased PD7. Can I run PD6 projects in PD7?

The reason that I ask this is that I am part way through a project in PD6, and if it will not load into PD7, I will complete it in PD6 before installing PD7.

Alternatively, can PD6 and PD7 both run independentaly on the same computer?

Tom
RobertJ/OZ [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Melbourne Australia Joined: Aug 14, 2006 02:26 Messages: 1209 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Tom,

You can transfer PD6 projects to PD7, what you need to do is Pack Project for Export.

File
Export
Pack Project Materials, save the file to a directory on your computer, then when you install PD7 you import the file.

No you cannot have full versions of PD6 and PD7 on the same computer, the exception to this is the version of PowerDirector 6 that is bundled with PowerProducer, it may be possible with other bundled software, but you would need to contact Technical Support to confirm.

Robert

Intel i7 930, 16GB ram, Radeon HD 5770 1Gb,Ver. 14.12 Win7 64 bit
Intel i7 7700 HQ, 16 GB ram Nvidia GTX 1050Ti 4GB dual drives 1 TB SSD + 1 TB HDD Win 10

PDtoots
Tom [Avatar]
Newbie Location: St Helens, Merseyside, UK Joined: Jul 23, 2007 14:08 Messages: 19 Offline
[Post New]
Robert

Thanks for quick reply, I will pack and export the project as you suggest.

It's just that I can't complete the current project for a week or so, but I do want to play with PD7.

All the best

Tom
Hall47
Member Location: Manchester UK Joined: Dec 14, 2006 05:32 Messages: 96 Offline
[Post New]
Just in case you encounter any problems with differences between PD 6 & 7 it is worth creating a file with copies of all of your material used in the project, so that if you feel the need to revert to PD6 to complete the project, you will have all of your reference material intact. PD7 isn't backwardly compatible, but when I made the move, I had no problems and found live projects carried over without needing to "pack" them. You should be able to improve on the project without reverting though. Seeking wisdom - finding fluff - but wise fluff!
Tom [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hall

Thanks for that. Just in case I had problems I backed up the data and project files.

I was about to uninstalled PD6 and install PD7, then the desktop pc packed up Nothing to do with PD. Fortunatly it's still under warranty, but needs to return to base.

By the time I get it back I will have the material to complete it in PD6, which I will probably do then reload into PD7 to see if I can improve it!

Tom