Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PD14 Shadow Filer Error [ AVI File]
Tmace [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 18, 2015 00:50 Messages: 24 Offline
[Post New]
Ok so i get this Shadow file error to where it says my file has broken or just cannot turn into a shadow file. I rly need to fix this, otherwise my videos are lower resoulution. I record video games! Using my bought recorder named Action! It does not cause the problems, when i try to edit there is some problems. PC Specs Below:

Intel i7 4th Gen / Nividia GeFore GTX 760 / 2 TB Hard Drive / 8 GB Ram / Windows 10

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 26. 2015 23:59

PC Specs
Intel i7 / 8GB Ram / 2 Tb Hard Drive / Nividia GeForce GTX 760 / Windows 10
Neil.F.1955 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Mar 07, 2012 09:15 Messages: 1303 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Ok so i get this Shadow file error to where it says my file has broken or just cannot turn into a shadow file. I rly need to fix this, otherwise my videos are lower resoulution. PC Specs Below:

Intel i7 4th Gen / Nividia GeFore GTX 760 / 2 TB Hard Drive / 8 GB Ram / Windows 10

Hello, Tmace!

Just a thought, but do you have another programme that will handle your video file(AVCHD or MP4)? If so, try rendering your clips there(may need to do each clip individually) then bring the newly-rendered clips back to PD14 for editing. Perhaps an earlier version of Power Director(if you still have one alongside PD14) may help solve that issue.

Let us know how you got on, okay?

Cheers & Happy New Year!

Neil.
Tmace [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 18, 2015 00:50 Messages: 24 Offline
[Post New]
No i dont have any other software to that. PC Specs
Intel i7 / 8GB Ram / 2 Tb Hard Drive / Nividia GeForce GTX 760 / Windows 10
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
Be sure to UPDATE your PowerDirector 14 to build 2302. One of the fixes is:
*Enhances AVI video decoding compatibility for creating discs and producing video in Windows 10.
This link...
http://www.cyberlink.com/support/powerdirector-ultra/patches_en_US.html HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
Neil.F.1955 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Mar 07, 2012 09:15 Messages: 1303 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: No i dont have any other software to that.

Hi, again Tmace!

I take it then, that you don't have an earlier Power Director version also installed that may help sort out your AVI file problem.... Okay, perhaps try reimorting the clips from your camera(which obviously shoots in AVI file format, some shoot and store as MPEG-2, latter models save as AVCHD or MP4, or both, as in the case of my recent purchase, a Canon Legria model). The AVI file might've been corrupted somehow through the USB connection, try inserting the SD card into a card reader(either built in to your desktop or laptop computer, or via a USB-connectable card reader), that might solve your problem, but I can't guarantee it.

Cheers!

Neil.

Just as I was typing my reply, Barry The Crab has joined the thread, he may well be "on the money" If my idea doesn't work, follow Barry's tip. One way or t'other, you should be able to sort out your problem.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 26. 2015 23:33