Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
How to clear PowerDVD frequent files?
DominikMitros [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 24, 2015 20:04 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
I opened some pictures via PowerDVD, now they are standin in start menu > PowerDVD > Frequent Files, also when I open PowerDVD then I click right click on taskbar PowerDVD icon they are there too.

How to clear that Frequent list?

Thank you in advance.
DominikMitros [Avatar]
[Post New]
Anyone guys ?
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
I'm not sure about others but I can't find the locations you are describing. Perhaps a screen shot would help. .
BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
DominikMitros [Avatar]
[Post New]
http://postimg.org/image/g17otasf1/

There it is.
[Thumb - PowerDVD.jpg]
 Filename
PowerDVD.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
199 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
163 time(s)
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
No wonder I couldn't find it, you are showing a Windows listing for frequent files !

Try this: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-files/how-can-i-delete-the-frequent-list-within-windows/af14edd8-7ea2-451c-91f4-773e7979e7c6?auth=1 .
BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
DominikMitros [Avatar]
[Post New]
I found this allready, but it's for explorer files pinned to the taskbar, not for PowerDVD. And they said about turning off frequently used files, but I don't want to turn them off, I just to clear PowerDVD list. :/

Btw, thank you anyway. I appriciate it.
stevek
[Post New]
Sorry, perhaps Cortana might be of help or open other images several times and they should repolace the ones you see.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 27. 2015 09:09

TranLe [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 24, 2009 00:13 Messages: 26 Offline
[Post New]
If you are using Window10, I had asked that question a few months ago on the Microsoft Insider forum and they hide it under:

Settings->Personalization->Start:
[On/Off] show recently opened items in jump lists on start or the taskbar.

Just toggle that to 'off' and then back to 'on' it will clear all the history for all applications.
CLD [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Mar 23, 2007 02:05 Messages: 925 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Dominik,

I think you can just right click on the file in the frequent files list and select "Remove from this list". This works in Windows 7 and 8 I am running at work, but not sure about 10 at the moment. Can check later.

When in doubt, right click I always say.

David

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Dec 29. 2015 03:28

DominikMitros [Avatar]
[Post New]
@Tran-Le I know about that, but it clears only on Start list, but when I open PowerDVD and it's on taskbar, it still shows recently opened.

@CLD I can't right click on any file on that list. I can do it on another programs, but its unable do to that on PowerDVD. I do now know why. :/

Thank you guys, appriciate it.
CLD [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi,

You're right, I see how it is different for Windows 10 for some reason now. I've notified the development team already.

David

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 29. 2015 20:01

CLD [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Dominik,

What build of Windows 10 do you have? This issue seems to fix itself when updating from Windows 10 build 10240 to 10586.

David
DominikMitros [Avatar]
[Post New]
Sorry, I was inactive for to long.

I have Windows 10 Enterprise, build 10240.

Btw, how to upgrade to 10586?
I'm pdating windows often but never got a single update for new build.

I'm confused.