Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Importing media
[Post New]
Cannot import .mov media. When I click on the one I want it goes into "not responding". Only way I can get out is end it in Task Manager.

Computer: lenovo K450e

Windows 10
16 G RAM
Intel Core i5-4460 CPU 3.2 GHz
[Post New]
Update:

PD 12 will import the .mov HD files OK.
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Would like a clarification on your two posts. Is the PD12 an oem version installed on this same pc or on a different pc?? Lenovo spec that this pc can come with either win 7 pro or win 8.1. Did you perform the upgrade to windows 10 yourself before or after installing PD14?? Please read this link and supply Part A and Part B as a DxDiag.txt : http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/45453.page . This info will help in determining what could be the problem. Thank You.
[Post New]
This Lenovo came with Win 8.1 and I performed the upgrade myself. (I thot it interesting that MS said I could go back to Win 8.1 within 30 days. One look at Win 10 and I wanted to go back, it said I was not eligible to go back.)

I did the Win 10 upgrade before I installed PD14. I have had PD14 installed for only 3 days now.

Part A (as I understand it):

PowerDirector Ultimate 14.0.2302.0

SR Number VDE151023-05

Part B (My diagnostic doesn't look same as the example shown, but here is my screenshot):

When I click on the "Insert Image" Icon I get a dialog boix asking for:

Source

Image description

Dimensions x

(Box with check mark) "Constrain Proportions"{.

I don't know what that stuff means.

I'm not a computer engineer, not even close to a geek. I'm just a guy who pecks at a keyboard and clicks a mouse, expecting things to work. Frustrating as hell when they don't, especially 3 days after I've spent bucks for something.
I have a screenshot saved on my desktop but I ain't got the foggiest notion how to get it uploaded.
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Thank you for supplying the Part A. Your PD14 is already updated to the latest build. You do not need to supply a screenshot of the Dxdiag.txt. Attach that diagnostic by clicking the blue Attachments button on the lower left of this text editor and browse to the saved location on your pc.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 23. 2015 17:02