Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
LIVE App Manager freeze- crash, repeat SOLVED
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
My App Manager for PD 14 Live (and all my other CL products) only opens sometimes, and even when it opens it is non-responsive until CRASH.

Is there a known process for fixing this?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 19. 2015 08:06

HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
I found the AppMan download, so I uninstalled AppMan, ran CCleaner, and then reinstalled the new download. Same result.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 19. 2015 07:47

BarryTheCrab
[Post New]
The cure was running the AppMan in compatibility mode. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
I think most users buy the standalone version and are unaware that the live subscription version is not win 10 compatible. This needs to be reporterd to Cyberlink right away. Let us know what the tech personal response are to this issue.
BarryTheCrab
[Post New]
I am running W8.1.

Also, I sent a few app reports but I do not plan on contacting SUPPORT over this now.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 19. 2015 09:20

Craray [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 25, 2015 15:16 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I was having this same problem after installing Holiday Pack vol.7 today. (I'm running windows 8.1 freshly installed today)

After installing it, Application Manager kept crashing each time I opened it, untill running it in win7 compability mode.

Still having trouble installing "PowerDirector Content Pack Essentials 1" and "PowerDirector Content Pack Premium" however.

They start installing and after a while it shows the button "install" again
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: I think most users buy the standalone version and are unaware that the live subscription version is not win 10 compatible. This needs to be reporterd to Cyberlink right away. Let us know what the tech personal response are to this issue.
I don't think there are compatibility problems with Win10 and the Live version of PD14/DS4.

For testing on Magic+PD I used the standalone version of DS4 on my main desktop and also installed it on an original Surface Pro. I have the Live version on my Surface Pro 3. All machines are running Win10 and I haven't seen any issues like Barry described. I'm not running in compatibility mode, so I'm not sure what's going on with the other users' machines that compatibility mode fixes.

I'm going to uninstall the standalone version on my SP and install the live version to see if anything comes up.

Quote: Still having trouble installing "PowerDirector Content Pack Essentials 1" and "PowerDirector Content Pack Premium" however.They start installing and after a while it shows the button "install" again
Try right-clicking on each content pack installer and choose Run as Administrator

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
I was able to install the App Manager successfully on my second Win10 Surface Pro without any issues, and I then used it to install PD14 and the Essentials and Premium content packs. It did take almost an hour for the Essentials pack to be installed after it had been downloaded. The installation succeded, but I don't know why it took so long.

The Premium pack spent several minutes with "Waiting to install" showing in the App Manager, and I eventually closed it. When I relaunched App Manager, the Premium pack showed the Install option and installation only took a couple minutes.

If you don't change the default location, the downloaded apps are stored in the C:\Users\Your User Account Name\AppData\Local\Temp\AppManager folder until they are installed, then they're supposed to be deleted automatically.

Craray, if the content packs won't install, chances are you can find them in that folder where you can try running as an admin rather than letting the App Manager install them. Also, do you have at least 10GB free on your C: drive?

Barry, what's your version of the App Manager? The one I just downloaded is 1.0.2727.0

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 19. 2015 17:17

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Craray [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 25, 2015 15:16 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
optodata thank you for your reply!

After installing the pack directly from the tempfolder, I got this strange error:
"You must first install Cyberlink Powerdirector 13.0, before you can install the PowerDirector 13 Content Pack Premium"

So this raises 2 possible questions for me.
Does your app manager show 2 essentials and 2 premium packs as well, or are they for some reason just showing wrongly in my appmanager?

And if it's normal to have 2 of each, maybe it didn't give me problems last time as I upgraded from 13 to 14 at some point, and now the pc is freshly reinstalled, making it not detect PD13.

THanks in advance!
BarryTheCrab
[Post New]
My AppMan is v2727 rv 113131. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
optodata
[Post New]
Strange Barry, that's the exact same version here, but at least you found that compatibility mode got things working.

Craray, something's defintely not configured correctly with your App Manager as you should only see one copy of each pack, and they should all be for PD14. If you had the Live version of PD13, that would probably make sense that the other versions are showing up, but since your license has almost certainly expired when you upgraded to PD14 you may not be able to access/install the PD13 content packs.

If I were you, I'd send a note to CL Customer Service to see if they can straighten things out on their end. Even if your PD13 license has lapsed, the content packs normally stay available and they may be able to help you install them. In the mean time, I'd think that the other (PD14) versions would be available to install.

If not, a note to CS or maybe Tech Support would be the best options.

YouTube/optodata

JeanBernard
Newbie Location: Belgique Joined: Sep 01, 2012 04:01 Messages: 20 Offline
[Post New]
Hello

I have the same problem with packages that can not install the live version, but in Windows applications Manager they are properly installed and I think it's a bug from Cyberlink, the problem arises that the machine freshly installed on that where there has been an update there is not this problem but packs have not been deleted and they are duplicate on the machine.

In contrast to install the program I had on the advice of the technical service disabled anti-virus smartsoud did not settle

Sorry for the automatic translation mistakes
ponderstibbons
Newbie Location: Champion Lakes, Western Australia Joined: Jan 19, 2011 08:28 Messages: 42 Offline
[Post New]
I bought PD Suite Live last night (after using PD - various versions - outright purchase for a number of years).
I downloaded CAM and it worked well at first but then froze with about 3 components still to download.
I have tried to run it again but just get the black rectangle with no text or other detail.
I've uninstalled it using Ccleaner, downloaded from scratch, turned my computer off and back on again, but I can't get it to load and run.
The CAM version is APM 150327-01
I also tried installing it on a different drive to no avail.
PD 14 and PhotoD 7 are running correctly, as is Colour Director.
As I only had 83Gb on my C drive I removed a heap of files to an external drive and now have 399Gb of free space on C drive.
I got the Cyberlink error report box and sent that off, and I've just submitted a support request.
I'm using W10.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 20. 2015 10:23

One Man, One Vote. The Patrician was the Man, he had the Vote.
Terry Pratchett (Mort).
optodata
[Post New]
Well, this morning I started getting a blank screen and crashes when opening CAM on my Surface Pro 3. It had been running normally for months, but now I had to set the compatibility to Win7 to get it to run!

YouTube/optodata

ponderstibbons
Newbie Location: Champion Lakes, Western Australia Joined: Jan 19, 2011 08:28 Messages: 42 Offline
[Post New]
Many thanks optodata - I set the preference of the CAM .exe file to W7 compatibility and it now works perfectly, so I downloaded and installed the extras (although I can't see me ever using the wedding pack - one marriage per lifetime is more than enough for me).
Took me a little time to find out how to do the compatibility thing, but it was easy enough once I found it.
Thanks again for the tip

One Man, One Vote. The Patrician was the Man, he had the Vote.
Terry Pratchett (Mort).