Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PD14 keeps crashing after I downloaded latest patch this morning
GreggDana64 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 22, 2015 19:55 Messages: 18 Offline
[Post New]
Downloaded latest patch for PD14 this morning and now PD14 crashes every time I try to import media. Help? I have client projects to deliver today. I am Windows 10
quim111 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Lisbon, Portugal Joined: Jan 16, 2014 21:46 Messages: 40 Offline
[Post New]
I had also some problems with PD 14 (I have win 10). I remove it and reinstaled it again. Everything working fine now. quim11
[Post New]
I am having the same issue. Attempted twice to remove and re-install after a Windows 10 Patch to no avail. The error keeps pointing at an MSCVR110.dll error about not being designed for windows. Any assistance would be great as I have videos I need to edit and upload.

Update 1: Uninstalled and Reinstalled 3 more times, with reboots inbetween. Used windows SCP to scan, found no errors, Windows Update shows all updated. Same Error involving MSCVR110.dll and MSCVP110.dll not being designed for windows. WaveEditor 2 opens normally, only problems seem to be PowerDirector 14 and Screen Recorder.

Update 2: Downloaded msvcr110.dll and mcvcp110.dll from a website. Copied over old ones, PowerDirector works fine now. INteresting find, those dll files are used by both powerdirector and Adobe premier, they must be important. But its fixed for me, thank god.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Dec 20. 2015 03:11

Neil.F.1955 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Mar 07, 2012 09:15 Messages: 1303 Offline
[Post New]
Hi, all!

Seems to me the accusative finger here is pointing toward Windows 10! Seems Microsoft still has plenty of "bugs" to iron out in their latest computing platform. I'm on Windows 7 and will be for the life of this computer. Should I require a new computer at a later date, it may well have Windows 10, or 12 or whatever newer platform installed and I hope I'll be able to reinstall PD8 on it as well as PD14.

Cheers!

Neil.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: I am having the same issue. Attempted twice to remove and re-install after a Windows 10 Patch to no avail. The error keeps pointing at an MSCVR110.dll error about not being designed for windows. Any assistance would be great as I have videos I need to edit and upload.

Update 1: Uninstalled and Reinstalled 3 more times, with reboots inbetween. Used windows SCP to scan, found no errors, Windows Update shows all updated. Same Error involving MSCVR110.dll and MSCVP110.dll not being designed for windows. WaveEditor 2 opens normally, only problems seem to be PowerDirector 14 and Screen Recorder.
I don't have any copies of MSCVR110.dll or MSCVP110.dll on any of my Win10 systems and I have no issues with PD12-14.

A quick search shows that those files may be part of the MS Visual C++ 2010 redistributable package. Search for MSCVR110.dll Win10 and follow the steps in one of the many links (articles and videos) to fix the issue. You may need to manually track down the existing files and delete them, probably from *Safe Mode*

Good luck!

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
tpallred1 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 20, 2015 14:51 Messages: 45 Offline
[Post New]
I've got Win7 and after downloading the patch tonight I've had two crashes just operating the program. This project gave me no problems until after the patch install so the problem isn't just Windows 10. Tom
i7-4790K, Asus Z97-A, 16GB RAM, GTX 960, SSDs, Monoprice 28" 4K CrystalPro, Acer 23" 1080p H236HL - Full system at http://pcpartpicker.com/p/kYxw23
tpallred1 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Now I can't even playback a project in the editor without the program crashing. I upgraded to 14 from 13 so I'm not even sure where to start with rolling this piece of junk back to something that works. I've got vids to produce and I'm standing still because my software vendor decided to create a problem for me where none existed. Tom
i7-4790K, Asus Z97-A, 16GB RAM, GTX 960, SSDs, Monoprice 28" 4K CrystalPro, Acer 23" 1080p H236HL - Full system at http://pcpartpicker.com/p/kYxw23
tpallred1 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Turned off dual display, reduced preview resolution, unchecked shadow files. Can now view/edit/save short sections but even though the preview window appears to play smoothly at the right speed, it doesn't correspond to the timemarker on the timeline after a few seconds. When I stop playback the correct frame for the timemarker displays after a few seconds. I can produce without problems so I'm not completely dead in the water anymore. Tom
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
tpallred, try uninstalling PD14 and let it uninstall QuickTime and SmartSound (if you're prompted to). Then reinstall PD14 from your original disc/installer download and test.

Also update QuickTime to v7.7.8, then apply the previous PD14 patch

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

tpallred1 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: tpallred, try uninstalling PD14 and let it uninstall QuickTime and SmartSound (if you're prompted to). Then reinstall PD14 from your original disc/installer download and test.

Thanks, I'll give that a shot when I've finished my current project. Got a response from Cyberlink support requesting additional information but the start of their message referred to a completely different problem with a different product so I've asked them to verify that they didn't confuse my issue with another user's. Tom
GreggDana64 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Once I click Produce, the program gets hung up too and I can't Produce. Wow. Seems to be lots of bugs in latest patch. This is going to be a client killer if we can't get projects out the door
Gazwebb [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 10, 2011 21:48 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
same here,upgraded from PD8 as that kept crashing(Not used in a while) Spend £54 and I get the same crap. This is really unprofessional of Cyberlink and I have no faith in this product going forward.......probably get told to uninstall and reinstall.....yawn
optodata
[Post New]
Quote: Once I click Produce, the program gets hung up too and I can't Produce. Wow. Seems to be lots of bugs in latest patch. This is going to be a client killer if we can't get projects out the door

Gregg, you started this thread but you haven't given us much to go on. If you could please provide the details requested in Parts A and B of the *Welcome* sticky, we can at least get you started. I don't know if you've downloaded one of the beta patches or the most-recent "released" patch, so providing the requested info is critical.

To get rid of the latest patch, you can uninstall PD14 and then reinstall it. You can then test it to see if you're able to edit/produce, and then you can apply the previous patch - the one released before the one that seems to be giving you problems.

YouTube/optodata

GreggDana64 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Uninstalled and then reinstalled PD14. So far it is now working. Thanks!
optodata
[Post New]
Great! Thanks for letting us know

YouTube/optodata

Gazwebb [Avatar]
[Post New]
All working great now,not crashed for at least an hour now
Gazwebb [Avatar]
[Post New]
lol,spoke too soon
tpallred1 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote:
Quote: tpallred, try uninstalling PD14 and let it uninstall QuickTime and SmartSound (if you're prompted to). Then reinstall PD14 from your original disc/installer download and test.

Thanks, I'll give that a shot when I've finished my current project. Got a response from Cyberlink support requesting additional information but the start of their message referred to a completely different problem with a different product so I've asked them to verify that they didn't confuse my issue with another user's.

Kind of disappointing how useless Cyberlink support is. Their last suggestion was to uninstall/reinstall and then apply the patch AGAIN! Like there is any way in the world I'm going to reinstall that patch given they've offered zero reasons why installing the patch created the problems in the first place. I was just looking at the release notes for the patch and one of the claims is "Enhances program stability by fixing several crash and hanging issues encountered by some users." These are exactly the problems this patch introduced. Anyway, PD14 was reinstalled without SmartSound (don't think I used it before) and I checked that QT is already v7.7.8. This leaves me with a stable build 2019 like I had before the patch. Thanks. Tom
Neil.F.1955 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Mar 07, 2012 09:15 Messages: 1303 Offline
[Post New]
Hi everyone!

Happy Xmas! The day's nearly over for us here in Australia but for you in the USA, Britain and elsewhere, it's just dawning, or about to.

PD14 Patch causing problems? Seems I've had such an experience some years ago with PD7. I had the programme open whilst I was on-line and the little pop-up told me I should apply the upgrade build, I did and the programme crashed on the simplest tasks after that, I got so fed up In uninstalled it, then reinstalled, without the new patch! All went back to normal and PD7 behaved itself as it should've done. When "Cubbyhouse Films"(another Neil, as it happens, Hi, Neil! Hope you had a great Xmas!) sent me his old PD8 which he was no longer using, he reccomended installing a certain patch, thankfully that patch did not compromise the performance of PD8, but as I read the comments here about the problems caused by the latest patch for PD14, you'll excuse me for avoiding this new patch "like the plague!"

Cheers & Happy Festive Season!

Neil.