Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
How to burn Bluray
mrasmussen24 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 14, 2015 12:16 Messages: 16 Offline
[Post New]
This is the second movie I've created and neither one works (except in my PC bluray player).

I create my move in PD, I then go to the create disc section. Here are the settings

Video Recording Format = BDMV - with menu, 16:9

Video encoding format and quality = h.264 Smart Fit (i've changed smartfit to be 1920 x 1080 60i and that didn't work either)

Audio = dobly digital 5.1 channels

I burn the movie successfully, and I attempt to play the movie in my XBOX ONE, which throws an error. I then attempt to play the movie on my Panisonic blueray player hooked to my TV, it looks like it is playing, but the screen is black.

I can play the movie on my PC with my PC bluray player, but that doesn't help. I want to bring the disc to other people's house and watch it. What am I doing wrong?
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
I posted the procedure for another member.

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/46577.page#241615 Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

[Post New]
I was having this problem with powerdirector 13... I tell you I tried many things to solve the issue... from trying different disc brands from buying another bluray burner etc... The ISO file / folder was always created successfully and burned successfully as well, but it was when it came to play the disc on the ps3 that went south. What seemed to solve it was doing a fresh install of windows and powerdirector (if something goes wrong during your installation, you must try all over again, go for a clean smooth install of windows all drivers and powerdirector with no hick ups whatsoever). I suggest you try the 2019 version. Best of lucks.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 09. 2015 02:30

4790K / Asus Z97i-Plus / 16gb (2-8gb)crucial @1866 Mhz / Samsung ssd 840 pro 250gb / Samsung 850 evo 250gb M.2 / 2-4tb HGST 7200rpm raid 1 / Nvidia GTX 1070 founders) / corsair RM650 PS / LG BD-RE
mrasmussen24 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks Carl, I'll try it again. If not I may try to spin up a virtual machine and install PD14 on a clean OS and see if that helps as aldoxide suggested.

So far I am loving the software, but I would like the ability to burn a disc and have it be playable....
mrasmussen24 [Avatar]
[Post New]
So I brought the disc that didn't work on the xbox or on my home bluray player over to a freinds house, and in their old sony bluray player, the movie worked. Very strange, I would like a disc that works in most players, not in only a few.

I'll keep looking at the issue and report back.
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
If you want a Blu-ray disc that work in most players then there are other things that you can do to make a more compatible disc. Assumintg that you are using the 1080/60i setting that Carl312 suggested then:

1. In the Final burn/Configure button check the burn speed and lower it.

2. Enable Hardware Encoding.

A lower burn speed helps in older players that may have weak lasers. Enable HE also help by lowering bitrate and again mostly for older players. See this link for info: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/46591.page .

Let us know if this helps in creating a BD that works in your other player.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 15. 2015 00:05