Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
flickering led lights
michael Sheehan [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 10, 2015 01:53 Messages: 10 Offline
[Post New]
Morning all

I have done some research and not sure if my issue is solvable but let me ask all the experts out there and see if I am wrong (hopefully I am)

I recenly fimed an onstage production and I have flickering lights on certain parts of the track.

I believe this is a shutter speed sync problem so i tried to set me shutter speed to many diff settings but nothing changed.

60fps is what I settled on and nothing but it did noy help.

I think the frequency of the lights seems to be the issue.

I have a short piece of the clip and If anuone can advise if this is fixable in post I really would appreciate it.

Michael
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
The shutter speed and the frame rate are not necessarily the same. See this article for the required led drivers to have no flicker in the video: https://www.reddit.com/r/askscience/comments/1uf1eq/what_minimum_refresh_rate_does_an_led_light_need/ . A 30fps and 1/30 sec shutter speed may work better.
michael Sheehan [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks for this Tomasc.
I went through a whole range of settings and 30th also did not work.
Have you ever been able to fix this kind of problem in post?
Myk
Senior Member Location: The Hartland of Michigan Joined: Feb 05, 2015 16:09 Messages: 205 Offline
[Post New]
How are the LEDs powered? A DC supply with little or no filtering will induce a 60hz flicker in the lights. Multiples of 60hz will pick that up. .
Never, under any circumstances, combine a laxative and sleeping pill on the same night.

PowerSpec G310
ASRock Extreme 6 A85X
AMD A10 6800K Quad Core Processor 4.1GHz
16GB DDR3-1600 RAM
EVGA GTX960 Super OC GPU
Windows 7 Pro
michael Sheehan [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks Myk
My issue right now is how or is it possible to fix it in post.
I have a possible solution to fix it if it happens again but I am sitting with footage and want to know if it's fixable?
Any right ideas..Lol
Thanks