Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
When adding Chapters...
Jeff [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 28, 2008 16:06 Messages: 12 Offline
[Post New]
When I add a Chapter, why does the slider jump all the way back to the beginning of the timeline?

It's aggravating and I would like to know if there is some setting I can select to make it stop doing this.

Jeff
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Chapter one is defaulted to be at the start. You have to name the first chapter - that's why.

When you create a DVD you have a "first play" option to have an intro video, maybe you should consider using that function.

Dafydd
Jeff [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: Chapter one is defaulted to be at the start. You have to name the first chapter - that's why.

It makes no difference if I name the chapters or not.

What makes this annoying is that, if I have more than a dozen or so chapters, adding a new chapter requires me to move the cursor over to the (rather thin) slider to the right of the Chapter titles and click on it (sometimes more than once) to display the new chapter icon, then move the cursor to the new chapter icon and click on it, then move the cursor back over to the timeline where I go looking for the next chapter insertion point, only to repeat the process.

Quote: When you create a DVD you have a "first play" option to have an intro video, maybe you should consider using that function.

Perhaps, but I don't see how that is going to solve this annoying program design choice. I will start playing with that later this week because I do need an opening.

Jeff
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Jeff,

I think you are making a "mountain out of a molehill" regarding the size of the slider. As for the First Chapter placement you have problems with - it is asis in PD7, however I'm aware that something may change in later versions.

Best that can be done here - placement and positions wont change in PD7. If you haven't already then please make a suggestion/report to CyberLink by filling in the online form.
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/3980.page

Dafydd

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 03. 2008 09:10

Jeff [Avatar]
[Post New]
Regarding slider width, that is a matter of personal preference, but it would be a moot point if the central issue of my complaint were redressed which, as you say, is a possibility for future versions.

Thanks for the link where I can submit suggestions.

Jeff