Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Is there a way to get help?
[Post New]
How do I find my prior posts?

Do I search? How?

Do I use some function in my profile? I can't find such a function. Can you help me?

Thank You.
Hicham_B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Jun 09, 2015 04:02 Messages: 1347 Offline
[Post New]
Hi markfilipak,

There is a search function: you can search for the title of your post, or for your Name. So you will find everything you've posted before.

Greetings
Hicham
Technical support:
EN: https://www.cyberlink.com/support/contact-support.jsp
DE: https://de.cyberlink.com/support/contact-support.jsp
FR: https://fr.cyberlink.com/support/contact-support.jsp
ES: https://es.cyberlink.com/support/contact-support.jsp
[Post New]
Quote: There is a search function: you can search for the title of your post, or for your Name. So you will find everything you've posted before.
Thanks. I searched for my name many, many times over a long period of time and didn't get any results (...not found). Today, it works.
Matthew [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 16, 2015 19:11 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Hey wondering if anyone can help me regarding an error code I have been getting. I recently purchased an LG Bluray external writer and it came with Cyberlink PowerDvd 10. It won't play anything though and now it has been showing error code 80004005. Help
CS2014
Senior Contributor Location: USA-Eastern Time Zone Joined: Sep 16, 2014 16:44 Messages: 629 Offline
[Post New]
Matthew - go to the correct forum - the PowerDVD-Previous Versions forum and start a new thread... ok?

CS

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 16. 2015 19:48

PD13 Ultimate - Build 3516, WIN 8.1, 64 Bit, 16G RAM, Intel Core i5 4460, CPU @ 3.2GHz, NVIDIA GeForce GT720, Graphics Memory(total avail.)-4093MB
LG WH14NS40 Blu-Ray Drive
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Matthew - go to the correct forum - the PowerDVD-Previous Versions forum and start a new thread... ok?
CS

CS gave you correct advice but I see you didn't bother to post again. This is now the Previous Versions forum. PDVD10 is only compatible with win 7. You are allowed to upgrade to PDVD12 for free if you contact Cyberlink Support directly or in this forum. That is win 8.1 compatible. Do nothing and you'll get nothing.
CS2014
Senior Contributor Location: USA-Eastern Time Zone Joined: Sep 16, 2014 16:44 Messages: 629 Offline
[Post New]
Good catch tomasc... ! lol

Just searched markfilipak..... and got 3 posts.

CS

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 24. 2015 19:34

PD13 Ultimate - Build 3516, WIN 8.1, 64 Bit, 16G RAM, Intel Core i5 4460, CPU @ 3.2GHz, NVIDIA GeForce GT720, Graphics Memory(total avail.)-4093MB
tomasc [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: Just searched markfilipak..... and got 3 posts.
CS

Why would I want to search for markfilipak?? The answer of course is to click the profile button to see your posting history. I have no reason to answer him as Cyberlink - Hickman and Michael both gave him different answers. He is a linux user and don't trust win 7 as he said in the other posts. I don't want to help as nothing will change a determined mind.

I got on this forum accidently meaning to go to the PD previous version but went ahead to answer the posts here.
CS2014
[Post New]
The FIRST part.. was for you tomas... good catch.... !

The second part was for markfilipak - his original post was about searching his past posts. I had just done a search on his posts. THAT was what I was referring to.... not YOU searching on it... lol

I knew you weren't talking to markfilipak! I was.

CS PD13 Ultimate - Build 3516, WIN 8.1, 64 Bit, 16G RAM, Intel Core i5 4460, CPU @ 3.2GHz, NVIDIA GeForce GT720, Graphics Memory(total avail.)-4093MB
tomasc [Avatar]
[Post New]
markfilipak last post was 3 weeks ago on Dec 3 so how can you be talking to him. Okay got it. wait another 3 weeks for his reply. Merry Xmas to all readers. Will check back after the holidays. Bye.
CS2014
[Post New]
no offense meant tomasc!

CS PD13 Ultimate - Build 3516, WIN 8.1, 64 Bit, 16G RAM, Intel Core i5 4460, CPU @ 3.2GHz, NVIDIA GeForce GT720, Graphics Memory(total avail.)-4093MB
[Post New]
Quote:
Quote: Just searched markfilipak..... and got 3 posts.
CS

Why would I want to search for markfilipak?? The answer of course is to click the profile button to see your posting history. I have no reason to answer him as Cyberlink - Hickman and Michael both gave him different answers. He is a linux user and don't trust win 7 as he said in the other posts. I don't want to help as nothing will change a determined mind.

I got on this forum accidently meaning to go to the PD previous version but went ahead to answer the posts here.
I don't mind giving you some answers, tomasc.

I originally posted because searching for my own name (which I DID think of) didn't work. Why it didn't work, I didn't know, but I'd never done it before and didn't know what to expect. So I posted here asking for help. I wanted to find my old posts because I discovered that I was not getting email notifications when someone answered one of my questions. Okay... Simple.

Regarding Windows, I have nothing against using Windows. I've been using Windows since version 1.2 in ...ummm... 1985 or so(?). What I don't do is allow Windows on the Internet, so I run Linux inside a virtual machine (Win7 Host) and use that to get on the Internet. Why do I do that? Because Windows is mission critical and I don't want to risk getting a virus in Windows. I've had 2 viruses: The NYC virus (which was easy to find and cure) and the Bagle virus (which is a keylogging rootkit that is used to steal bank logins, and which took me 4 months to even discover I'd contracted, then another 4 months to cure. ... See, simple and sound reasons.

I hope this has clarified things and that you won't consider me to be unworthy of help.

Regards, And Happy Holidays!!

Mark.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 25. 2015 01:48

tomasc [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thank you for posting your explanation. We are all of couse at risk of getting a virus just from using windows. My response was to CS not you because I misunderstood his post and thought he wanted me to search your posts and read them in which I did.

I was a bit surprised by the answer you got from the cyberlink expert. The search of your name does not work if your name is not inside a post until the search ia ammended which could be weeks. Clicking on the profile button always work. Have a Merry Christmas! and take everything easy today.
tomasc [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hello Mark, Here are two attached screenshots showing how to see your old posts and how to open them. Good luck.
[Thumb - mark.jpg]
 Filename
mark.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
Click on your profile button to open this window.
 Filesize
112 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
110 time(s)
[Thumb - mark1.jpg]
 Filename
mark1.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
Click on the post you want to see.
 Filesize
156 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
105 time(s)
[Post New]
Quote: Hello Mark, Here are two attached screenshots showing how to see your old posts and how to open them. Good luck.
My profile page doesn't look like that. And there are none of the links you have circled.

I tried to attach a screen shot ('insert/edit image'), but this forum apparently won't show it.

Ah, I see. 'insert/edit image' doesn't work. I've attached the screen shot instead.
[Thumb - Screenshot_2015-12-25_16-52-18.png]
 Filename
Screenshot_2015-12-25_16-52-18.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
67 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
97 time(s)

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Dec 25. 2015 17:02

tomasc [Avatar]
[Post New]
Greetings Mark,

Not that profile page. There is one other step to make it easier for you to see all your messages and posts. Next to the My Profile at top of this forum is the My Bookmarks. You need to create just one bookmark. See the attached screenshot for details. Anytime you sign in, Click the My Bookmarks at the top of the forum page. You will then be able to see everything as shown in the two previous screenshot.

Hope this helps.laughing
[Thumb - mark2.jpg]
 Filename
mark2.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
Create one bookmark and how to use it.
 Filesize
252 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
88 time(s)
[Post New]
Thank you for being so patient.
Quote: Not that profile page.
Ah! The "Profile" button in one of my previous replies. Unfortunately, if I can't find one of my previous replies, then I can't push the button.
Quote: You need to create just one bookmark.
Okay. Now I can find one of my previous posts.

What a strange forum.

Thanks tomasc. I guess since CyberLink has you, it doesn't need a help system, eh?

You are the "way to get help". Hahahahahaha.........

Happy New Year.