Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
My first UHD video
Notonotonurb [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 20, 2015 15:16 Messages: 20 Offline
[Post New]
Hi all,

I am new to PD 14. I am really impressed by the video output quality of PD14. I am not seeing any picture quality loss. My videos were recorded on a Samsung NX1.The encoding was accelerated by a Nvidia GTX960 card (encoding speed was about 15 fps). To enable shadow files, I installed the PD14 patches. On the negative side, I experienced several crashes of the software.

My first video is available on youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SwfKwO-3KIo

Any comments or criticts are welcome.

Bruno Asus Z170, i7 6700, 32GB DDR4, GTX1070
Win 10 pro
Samsung Galaxy Note 3
Samsung NX1
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Bruno -

You should be very pleased with what you've done. Nicely shot & put together.

If you're really looking for criticism, that spinning snapshot at 2:30 that transitions into the video at 2:38 is a bit of a distraction. It might have worked better if the snapshot had matched exactly the opening frame of the video & you'd left out the transitions (before & after the snapshot).

BUT - that doesn't take away from the overall job you've done

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
I enjoyed the video. I also tend to use no transitions in videos just cuts but that is my personal prefs.
Neil.F.1955 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Mar 07, 2012 09:15 Messages: 1303 Offline
[Post New]
Unlike Tomasc(and possibly Ynotfish),

I DO use transitions in ALL my videos to "segue" between two differing locations, time periods, etc. I found the best transition effects for differing locations or time periods to be swing, flip, full twist, fragments or magic blocks. For transitions where the location or time period is the same, then perhaps a simple fade, evaporate or threshold(1 or 2) is a good option. The effect is usually set at 5 seconds duration. I apply transitions between shots because just "jumping" from one scene to another appears jarring and rough. I watch a lot of documentary-type shows on TV, and for all the so-called "professionalism" of these producers, directors and editors", their lack of transition use sometimes has me wondering if they are as professional as they claim to be.

Don't be afraid to use transitions! It's what they're there for! There are some excellent transition effects in PD14, plus the provision to create customised transitions of your own design.... Wow!

Cheers!

Neil.
Notonotonurb [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 20, 2015 15:16 Messages: 20 Offline
[Post New]
Thank you guys for the very useful comments. Asus Z170, i7 6700, 32GB DDR4, GTX1070
Win 10 pro
Samsung Galaxy Note 3
Samsung NX1