Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Should I uninstall PD13 after Upgrade
Ragged Jock [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Canada Joined: Jan 30, 2015 22:16 Messages: 25 Offline
[Post New]
I purchased to clean install version of PDR 13 Ultimate Suite earlier this year, and have upgraded to PDR 14 Ultimate Suite a few days ago (A few extra features that I will be using i.e. motion tracking and action camera), otherwise I would have waited for the next one.

During the install I was not asked if I wanted to uninstall PDR13, and it just installed into it's own new directory. All plugins that I have added and downloads from DZ migrated OK and show up in PD14.

Is it wise to leave PDR 13 on my computer or unintall it. I am afraid that if I uninstall it may dlete some shared files etc, which could create a problem with the program execution.

Any thoughts ? Thank you
Anja the Dane
Contributor Location: Denmark (North of Copenhagen) Joined: Mar 03, 2011 15:02 Messages: 347 Offline
[Post New]
Hello Ragged Jock,

It is not necessary to uninstall your PDR 13 if you have enough space on your PC.
I have both PDR 13 and 14.

I do not know what you mean by shared files.
But if you have no problems using them with PDR14 at the moment I do not think it will be a problem if you remove PDR13.
I believe that everything that is user-created remain on the computer even if you remove PDR13.

But one of the wise guys can probably give you a better answer to this.

Cheers, Anja PDR 14.0.4207.0 / Windows 10 64-bit / Asus / Intel i7-4790 3.60 GHz / 16GB RAM / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 / DirectX 12