Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
MPEG 4 AVC HD - does PD7 support it??
marek [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 25, 2008 04:08 Messages: 22 Offline
[Post New]
Hello
I am trying to work with MP4 files from camcorder Samsung hmx20c.
PD is able to recognize them and editing is able too. But when I try to produce my video (in any type of file) , the output file is bad.
It looks like some problem with frames per second.
Camcorder files: MP4 AVC 1920x1080i 50fps
please help. thanks
vn800rider
Senior Contributor Location: Darwen, UK Joined: May 15, 2008 04:32 Messages: 1949 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Marek,
Have a search of the forum on AVCHD - there's lots of comments, experiences and 'solutions' but, in general, AVCHD is an area that has its fair share of problems using consumer editing systems.

Cheers
Adrian Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated. (see below)
Confucius
AMD Phenom IIX6 1055T, win10, 5 internal drives, 7 usb drives, struggling power supply.
marek [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 25, 2008 04:08 Messages: 22 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Adrian
thank you for your quick answer.
I was trying to read mostly everything about avc hd on cyberlink forums, but I had not found anything useful for me.
Problem for me is that PD software was bundled to camcorder so I dont understand why files from this camcorder are unsupported.
Maybe I just need information if PD is really unable to work with files from the samsung camcorder and I have to wait for new version of Power director.

thank you
marek
[Post New]
it would be nice if they added real MP4 support given that competing programs already offer this, currently the avc mp4 they have in pd7 makes them only as m2ts files which dont provide much use to people who have hte samsung camcorder like myself. will cyberlink support MP4 file format ?
Walker [Avatar]
Member Joined: Dec 19, 2008 18:57 Messages: 97 Offline
[Post New]

I'm guessing this would be Version 6? The newest version of software never gets bundled. I think that's why it's bundled, because it's free or almost free to the electronics manufacturers.

Yep, PD7 is way behind it seems. Which really is ashame, because it's the easist to learn and for the price it comes with a lot of elements.