Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
How do I capture audio from my canon camera videos to use for sound tracks for another video?
Steve99 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: So Cal Joined: Sep 11, 2012 22:51 Messages: 13 Offline
[Post New]
Warning: Newbie to PD, but have used Adobe Premire. I have some videos I took in Chile. I'd like to use the music as background in another slideshow video. How can I do that?

Thanks,

PC i7-3980K, 16Gb RAM, GTX 660T , SSD 250 GB C drive, 4 TB D drive, 4 TB E drive

Windows 7 PRO 64 bit

PD14 - 14.0.2019.0 - just purchased and installed Ultimate
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Warning: Newbie to PD, but have used Adobe Premire. I have some videos I took in Chile. I'd like to use the music as background in another slideshow video. How can I do that?

With the video imported to the media library, simply right mouse click the video and select "Extract Audio", you will get a wav file that you can use as you wish.

Jeff
Steve99 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: So Cal Joined: Sep 11, 2012 22:51 Messages: 13 Offline
[Post New]
Jeff,
Thanks you very much. I know there must be a simple answer.