Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Audio Director 5 wont save MP3
Ragged Jock [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Canada Joined: Jan 30, 2015 22:16 Messages: 25 Offline
[Post New]
I have Audio Director 5 as part of Power Director 13 Ultimate Suite.

When I create a mix of a number of sound files and go to produce it to MP3, it gives me an error message. When "Produce" is selected the options to save are M4A,WAV,MP3 and WMA. I can save it out to WAV, WMA and M4A but not MP3. The files imported are MP3 (with no problem). I know it isn't the codecs as I have some other programs that will output to MP3.

Any one else have this problem. I have used Support, but just get the normal scripted answers that I have tried anyway and are of no help.

Thank you

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Nov 12. 2015 19:12

[Post New]
Hello Ragged Jock,

I'm unable to replicate the issue here, using videos of various formats with different audio, MP3s, WAV, M4A with various channel configurations. ADR produced MP3s correctly in each case.

What is the error message ADR presents?

PIX PIX YouTube channel
Ragged Jock [Avatar]
[Post New]
Below are the messages that I get.

Pic 1 is the screen that shows what I want to produce

Pic 2 shows the error message. As mentioned in my first post this error is only with MP3 as I can produce to all othe files
[Thumb - Screen Shot 1.jpg]
 Filename
Screen Shot 1.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
Screen Shot 1
 Filesize
295 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
260 time(s)
[Thumb - Screen Shot 2.jpg]
 Filename
Screen Shot 2.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
Screen Shot 2
 Filesize
288 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
233 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 14. 2015 22:56

[Post New]
Hello again,

That's something I hadn't tried - producing from the Mix module to MP3 @ 320Kbps - but, again, it produced correctly here. I tested the same procedure in ADR 4, 5 & 6.

I honestly have no idea why you'd be receiving such an alert nor why you are unable to produce to MP3. As you say, it certainly isn't system wide because you're able to create MP3s in other software on your PC.

Does this occur only in the Mix module, or everywhere in ADR5? Are you able to create MP3s using other bitrate settings?

... and "Support" hasn't been very supportive. Oh dear embarassed I'll see if I can investigate further.

In the meantime, just produce to another format, then convert to MP3 elsewhere.

PIX PIX YouTube channel
Ragged Jock [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thank you for your attention to this.

It occurs everywhere in ADR, (Edit, Restore and Mix modules) and at all bit rates.

I have been doing as you suggest, as far as producing to another format. It is just that it would be nice if I can take out one step in the production. If you do come up with a solution just let me know.

Thank you

P.S. I may be upgrading to PDR 14 Ultra (from PDR 13 Ultra) which includes ADR 6. If I do we will see if the error goes away.
EmilyC [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 14, 2018 14:22 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I am also having this problem.

In Audio Director 6.0 I have suddenly (first noticed today after a year of use) become unable to PRODUCE an MP3 while in EDIT mode. I tried restarting the program, but it didn't work. I can save as a WAV file, but that is not what I want.
[Post New]
Hello EmilyC,

Welcome to the AudioDirector forum laughing

I am able to confirm your issue. Something has gone wrong somewhere & it's affecting MP3 production across a number of versions of ADR.

ADR6, with the most recent 5902 update patch WILL produce an MP3, but that same file cannot be imported! surprised

ADR5 doesn't appear to be affected. MP3 import & production are fine.

ADR7 & 8 cannot produce an MP3 at all.

Obviously, I'll refer this issue to the team at CyberLink. I wouldn't expect any immediate response, given that it's Chinese New Year break.

Please check that you have the 5902 patch installed.

PIX PIX YouTube channel
Ragged Jock [Avatar]
[Post New]
I stopped producing to MP3 in ADR 5 when I had it. I used the workaround. Produce to WAV and convert externally to MP3.

I recentley upgraded my programs to PD16/AD8. IThe version is AD 8.0.2322.0. Since the upgrade I have been able to produce from all modules including MIX to MP3 from within AD. I am also able to import the produced file back in.

Just an update as to my situation, as I had strated this thread originally.

PIX - I have to disagree with your statement "ADR7 & 8 cannot produce an MP3 at all.". - as I am bale to produce to MP3 with AD8. It may be some other conflict for Emily C.

Good Luck
[Post New]
There you go Ragged Jock!

When we were initially comparing notes for ADR5, you couldn't produce MP3s & I could. Now, in ADR8, it's the opposite. It's not a "disagreement", just different observations and results.

That tells me it's not simply an ADR issue, but system-dependent.

I will still refer this to the CL team.

PIX PIX YouTube channel
[Post New]
Admission: I'm afraid I just did some troubleshooting in a most unscientific way embarassed

First I started checking codecs to see if any were reported as "broken". Nothing came up but unrelated screen capture codecs (TechSmith).

Next I uninstalled & re-installed ADR7 & ADR8, then updated the both with the latest patch. (Now, a thinking person would have re-tested MP3 production, but...)

In my previous searching, I found a fix for Fraunhofer IIS MPEG Layer-3 Codec (Professional) and ran it.

Now, both ADR7 & 8 will produce MP3s but, embarrassingly, I am unable to report which action caused the change.

PIX PIX YouTube channel
IEditAudio [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 28, 2018 18:14 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Admission: I'm afraid I just did some troubleshooting in a most unscientific way embarassed

First I started checking codecs to see if any were reported as "broken". Nothing came up but unrelated screen capture codecs (TechSmith).

Next I uninstalled & re-installed ADR7 & ADR8, then updated the both with the latest patch. (Now, a thinking person would have re-tested MP3 production, but...)

In my previous searching, I found a fix for Fraunhofer IIS MPEG Layer-3 Codec (Professional) and ran it.

Now, both ADR7 & 8 will produce MP3s but, embarrassingly, I am unable to report which action caused the change.

PIX

I was having this same issue, in AD6. Last week it worked fine, this week it didn't.

I used the Fraunhofer fix without uninstalling or reinstalling. After shutting down and reopening AD6 I was able to write to MP3. I can confirm that as a solution.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 28. 2018 18:17

LouisV [Avatar]
Member Joined: Aug 10, 2013 18:43 Messages: 50 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Admission: I'm afraid I just did some troubleshooting in a most unscientific way embarassed

PIX

I am using AD7 and it refuses to produce mp3. Wav, flac.. no problems.
I can produce mp3 in Powerdirector 15, so it is not a codec problem.

grz
LouisV
JerryG [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Troy, Mi Joined: Jul 08, 2017 19:36 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
I am using AD7 and producing mp3 suddenly stopped working. I downloaded http://www.komeil.com/blog/enable-fraunhofer-mp3-l3codecp-acm-windows instaled it restarted AD7 and everyghing is working as expected. Jerry
svGuidingLight [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 27, 2018 11:05 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I am having the same issue, but I am not well versed in computer talk.

All I really need is to have one file converted to MP3 so I do not lose the editing I did on a travel interview I did.

Can someone please convert the attached .ads file to .mp3 and send it back to me?

Thank you so much.

Shane
 Filename
Jeff.ads
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
127 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
526 time(s)
Hatti
Contributor Location: Bonn, Germany Joined: Feb 21, 2017 15:54 Messages: 576 Offline
[Post New]
No, that does not work. The audio file is missing.
The .ads file is only the project file. The project file for Cyberlink (almost all programs of the media suite) is just a kind of description, what the program did with the original clip. But not the clip itself. So your .ads just describes, what AudioDirector did with your (missing) audio clip.
It is a way for non-destructive work, many programs (not only Cyberlink) works with that concept.

Hatti Win 10 64, i7-4790k, 32GB Ram, 256 GB SSD, SATA 2TB, SATA 4TB, NVidia GTX1080 8GB, LG 34" 4K Wide, AOC 24" 1080
JFC [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 20, 2019 10:48 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
The Komeil download fix posted above worked for me with Audio Director 7.

Before the fix with Windows 10 32 bit, the first time I tried to edit an Mp3 file in Audio Director 7, I got a program error message not allowing it to be "produced" post-edit. No explanation of why. Just said, can't create the file. MP3 also was the only available file format shown when I tried to produce an audio file.

Now, I already had other audio programs set up on my PC that encode Mp3s with the Lame codec. So I knew it wasn't a particular problem with my PC.

So I downloaded and then right mouse clicked on the downloaded cmd file to run it as Administrator.
Took a couple seconds to complete. Then closed and restarted Audio Director 7 and bingo, easy to edit and export/produce Mp3 files. And not only that, but now a whole range of audio file formats and bit rates appear in the menu options, including Flac and up to 320 bitrate for Mp3s.

I don't understand the seeming stupidity of offering/selling an audio production/editing program like Audio Director 7 and NOT having the built-in capability to output edited Mp3 files (or any other audio format) at all, absent undocumented patching and fixing via the Komeil download.

Much thanks for the tip above!!!