Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Video Speed / Speed Adjust
[Post New]
I'm doing my first video project since upgrading to PD14 (with latest fixes). The love/hate relationship with PD continues...

I have 9 video clips from a Robotics match. I want the first 30 seconds of each match to run at 1.5 speed (to help make the overall video shorter). I cut each clip at the 30 second mark of the clip. I adjust the speed of the first part to 1.5. It works. I go to the second clip and cut the first 30 seconds so I can speed it up. No matter what speed adjustment I make the speed adjust dialog looks correct, but the clip does not speed up when played (or previewed in the speed dialog). I try some other clips. They don't speed up either. Only the first one on the track works. I'm using the same very powerfull video editing PC that worked fine on PD13. Windows 10. This is why projects using PD take hours longer than they should!

GRRRRR!! Previously known as PDuser97031 (had to create a new user after changing email address)
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
That certainly doesn't sound right. Instead of splitting the clips like you've done, watch this *tutorial* and pay close attention at around the 5:02 mark where the section on adjusting the speed on different sections of a clip starts. That should do exactly what you're looking for cool

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
[Post New]
Interesting work-around. Actually, as has been true for the last several versions of PD, whenever PD goes berserk like happened here, if you terminate the program, then restart it, it will start acting "normal" again. This morning after restarting, the speed control works as it should.

p.s. As with a lot of actions in PD, there are unecessary mouse/keyboard actions needed. For example, when checking "Video Speed" you get a screen where you have to press a button to actually change the video speed. This screen is anti-productive. Why would you check Video Speed if you didn't want to change the video speed? Productivity improvements like this were part of the over two dozen user suggested improvements in the PD13 "Cyberlink - Read This" thread that were ignored by Cyberlink. Previously known as PDuser97031 (had to create a new user after changing email address)
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
I know they do look at the thread and a number of suggestions have been implemented.

I see what you mean about the two clicks to get to the Speed Adjustment menu, but maybe looking at it in a different light will help: The Speed Adjustment tool requires a new window, just like Crop & Zoom does, and that's why the second step is needed. The other tools can be adjusted directly from that menu.

Also, if you think about all the checkboxes listed under Power Tools, you'll see that that menu is actually a separate tool which lets you quickly enable or disable each individual tool without changing any of the individual tool's settings. Does that make sense?

You should also be able to also assign a hotkey to bring up the Video Speed menu directly. Search for "hotkey" in the PD help file (F1) for more info.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 11. 2015 16:28

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

[Post New]
laughing Thanks! Previously known as PDuser97031 (had to create a new user after changing email address)
Adam [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 05, 2015 02:29 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Does anyone know why the frame interpolated technology has disappeared from powerdirector 14?
optodata
[Post New]
Excellent question!

The answer is that it hasn't disappered, it's just been moved. From the Video Speed Designer tool, click on the gear icon at the far right and you'll get the option to use interpolated frames:

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 16. 2015 12:08

YouTube/optodata

artflex1000 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 18, 2015 12:55 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Can anyone help fix audio sync problems?
optodata
[Post New]
Andrew, please read the Welcome sticky and start a new post with your specific question. You may also want to search the forum first as there are many threads about your topic

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 18. 2015 13:32

YouTube/optodata