Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Menu Editor
[Post New]
Can anyone tell me if the "creating a menu" in PD14 has been worked on from 13 ?

This is the most frustrating part of PD.

It is almost impossible to work with unless you keep the menu so simple.

I think this area of PD needs some major work.
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Can anyone tell me if the "creating a menu" in PD14 has been worked on from 13 ?

This is the most frustrating part of PD.

It is almost impossible to work with unless you keep the menu so simple.

I think this area of PD needs some major work.
I agree with you, the Powerdirector Menu system needs a major overhaul.

Even so, the PD 13 version has some improvements over earlier versions of PD. As far as I know the PD 14 version of the menu system in not much different than PD 13. Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

Winton [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 26, 2015 18:23 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I'm able to complete a movie and burn it with the menu I've created or one from the program. My problem is that when I play the movie on my DVD player to watch it on TV and mash the menu button while watching the movie, I get a message "no menu". I don't want to create disk and the menu button won't work.
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: I'm able to complete a movie and burn it with the menu I've created or one from the program. My problem is that when I play the movie on my DVD player to watch it on TV and mash the menu button while watching the movie, I get a message "no menu". I don't want to create disk and the menu button won't work.

You might see if your DVD controller has a "Top Menu" button vs just "Menu". The "Menu" button has the effect you note but usually "Top Menu" or "Title" or "Title Menu" buttons do what you need.

Jeff
Winton [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 26, 2015 18:23 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I had used Pinnacle video editing for years and I never ran across this problem. All the movies I made would go straight to the top menu when I mashed the menu button on my remote. While looking at some reviews I read that Power Director was better so I said I'd try it. I'll admit, it doesn't freeze up and shut down as often as Pinnacle did and it has a few features that are a little easier to use that I really like, but I'm trying to do video editing on a professional level. I was hoping maybe it was just some setting that I needed to click on to make the top menu appear during playback. So is there nothing I can do?
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: I had used Pinnacle video editing for years and I never ran across this problem. All the movies I made would go straight to the top menu when I mashed the menu button on my remote. While looking at some reviews I read that Power director was better so I said I'd try it. I'll admit, it doesn't freeze up and shut down as often as Pinnacle did and it has a few features that are a little easier to use that I really like, but I'm trying to do video editing on a professional level. I was hoping maybe it was just some setting that I needed to click on to make the top menu appear during playback. So is there nothing I can do?
Powerdirector for as long as I remember, has created Menus that require the Top Menu or Title Menu button on the remote to return to the main Menu.

Once you get used to that it is not a problem.

There is no way to change that.

I did have one version of Powerdirector that created menus that used the big Menu button on the DVD remote. It was a bundled DE version that came with a Video Capture card. I think it was Version 3 DE. Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.