Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Issues with hard transitions to clips with Power Director 14
Andrew_Wolan [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 25, 2012 17:45 Messages: 9 Offline
[Post New]
When I edit video, I like to use hard transitions from one clip to another. (IE, as soon as one clip end, immediately go to the next one.)

In my rendered output with PD14, I noticed that sometimes the video clip being transitioned to will be missing some frames from the start of the clip. It can be as few as a few frames, or can be as long as a half a second. (As shown in this video.)

https://youtu.be/UBAUObbKUuY

The bad news is that this bug occurs. The good news is that:

(a) the bug does not occur randomly in the video output, meaning they can spotted via a careful review out the video output.

(b) If you do spot the glitch it in your video, you can eliminate it by lengthening or shortening the clips having issues.

I don't recall noticing this issue in PD11, PD12 or PD13, so this is a new bug.

PD14 build - Release build (Sept 2015) 14.0.2019.0

SRC file: 1080i (60i) 24mbps M2TS

Output file: 1080p (60p) 28mbps M2TS

--------

Csutomer Support Ticket: CS001526670

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 23. 2015 10:51

Neil.F.1955 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Mar 07, 2012 09:15 Messages: 1303 Offline
[Post New]
Hi, Andrew_Wolan

There is, of course a natural amount of loss in a clip due to the transition as it masks out some of the previous clip and some of the next clip, in equal portions(plus creating cross-fade in the audio track). This might be what you're seeing now. Other than this explanation, I don't quite know how to answer your query. Perhaps a moderator or senior contributor may be of more help.

Cheers!

Neil.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Andrew

Thanks for the helpful video. I assume that when you say "hard transition" you actually mean that you're using NO transitions in PD, and you're simply placing the clips end-to-end.

It would be very helpful to see that actual project you're working on so other people can test it out on their system. It's actually very easy to do that, and you would select Pack Project Materials... from the File menu and then save the contents in a folder on a cloud service like DropBox or OneDrive. You can also zip the contents, upload to any sharing service and post the link here.

I can provide a link to OneDrive folder if you don't have easy access to something on your end. If you've got many GB of source clips, it would be better to pare the project down to just the clips that are giving you these problems and share that with the forum.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 24. 2015 02:39

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°