Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PNG overlay rendering black
Netspeed [Avatar]
Newbie Location: California Joined: Apr 10, 2013 17:43 Messages: 36 Offline
[Post New]
I have a png logo stacked under a jpg. The PNG zooms in to fill screen, When previewing, it looks great: http://screencast.com/t/aZKTb2BXmoj

However, when it renders, the jpg is black and the png zooms in like a regular picture wit the jpg slowly filling the screen: http://screencast.com/t/BnRteRqqC

Is PD14 not happy with png files?

Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

Keith
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
PNG files and other files that have a transparent background often show in Powerdirector with a black background, until you put the transparent PNG on track 2 and and image or video on Track 1.

There is a tutorial on creating Transparent PNG images.

See Through (transparent .png images) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6OLKfRILqBM Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Keith -

No - there's no problem with .png files in PDR14. It's possible something has gone wrong with your formatting, but I'm not sure what.

The attached video shows a .png in PDR14. Try opening and producing the attached (zipped) project and see if it works with your PDR14.

Cheers - Tony
 Filename
PNG in PDR14.wmv
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
1435 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
220 time(s)
 Filename
PNG in PDR14.zip
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
2313 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
191 time(s)

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Netspeed [Avatar]
[Post New]
Video renders well. MLB logo spins and looks good. Uploaded to Youtube and it it plays well. Thoughts?

Also, i unzipped the source files and tried it. Black background on logo does not show when rendered. I'm going to have to look at my svg/png file.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 23. 2015 12:43

Netspeed [Avatar]
[Post New]
Found the issue. I was trying to make the png file zoom too much so the ending keyframe was beyond the size of the original png file.
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!