Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Problems updating using the Application Manager
Roastie [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 29, 2015 09:42 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
Good afternoon all.

This is my first visit to this forum so please be gentle

I have been attempting to update my software using the Application Manager and, rather frustratingly, it downloads a large amount of data and then just sits there saying "Waiting to Install". But then, when I go to the install programs tab, there is nothing there. When I click back on the updates tab, the status goes back to update and I have to download 1.2GB again. It takes ages, because I only have a small ADSL pipe...

I have "Director Suite Live" that I purchased in March of this year.

I run custom built desktop PC with Win7 64 / Core I7 / 256GB SSD for drive C (Win and Programs only), and 3TB striped array for data / 16GB RAM / GeForce GTX 970

I have attempted to contact Customer Support, and I had a reply, and they suggested 2 things:

1. Download the latest Application Manager and try again. They gave me a link but it linked to what I think is an internal server and I needed a username and password to get at it. My account login details dodn't function. I then replied to the ticket asking how to get the application manager because I had some difficulty getting it... Anyway, when I did that, my original ticket and it's reply disappeared from my account. I can't find it. (I attached some screenshots for completeness)

2. The 2nd thing I can't remember and their reply has disappeared from my account for some reason...

Does anyone here have any experience with the CAM not correcly installing updates?

Although this is not particularly urgent - I can use the program as it is for now - I would sure appreciate any help you may be able to offer. I would just like to keep my SW up to date.

Thanks very much indeed.

Kindest regards

Roastie
[Thumb - CL - Waiting to install.jpg]
 Filename
CL - Waiting to install.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
After download, CAM sits there like this. (left overnight)
 Filesize
78 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
49 time(s)
[Thumb - CL - Update again.jpg]
 Filename
CL - Update again.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
When I look at Install Program tab and go back to Updates, it goes back to the beginning and wants to download everything again.
 Filesize
75 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
35 time(s)
Roastie [Avatar]
[Post New]
Gentle bump...?
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
What does it show on the install tab?

Mine shows no Programs waiting to be installed.

The update tab shows No update available.

I have Director Suite 4 Live.

[Thumb - Application Manager_update.PNG]
 Filename
Application Manager_update.PNG
[Disk]
 Description
Update Tab
 Filesize
46 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
35 time(s)
[Thumb - Application Manager_Install.PNG]
 Filename
Application Manager_Install.PNG
[Disk]
 Description
Install tab
 Filesize
34 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
29 time(s)
Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

Roastie [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi - thanks for your reply

I have like you - "There are no programs waiting to be installed."

I still have the updates that I want to install on the update tab, and they still won't install after downloading.

I have Director Suite Live, but not sure if it is 4 or not.

Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Hi - thanks for your reply

I have like you - "There are no programs waiting to be installed."

I still have the updates that I want to install on the update tab, and they still won't install after downloading.

I have Director Suite Live, but not sure if it is 4 or not.

You may have the previous version Powerdirector 13 live.

You can find out which version you have by opening Powerdirector then clicking on the Word Powerdirector on the upper right. That will bring up the About that tells the version number.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Oct 26. 2015 16:24

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

Roastie [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi - thanks again for your reply.

I have solved my issue.

It turns out you were right - I had version 13. I guess that I assumed that I had 14 due to my "Live" subscription. Having said that, of course, it wouldn't update.

In order to get it to update properly, I had to run the Application Manager "as an administrator". Then, it wouldn't do to do all the updates simultaneously, I had to do one at a time, and shut down and then restart the CAM as administrator in between.

All but one application has updated now, with just PhotoDirector being a bit stubborn. I'll try that again in a second.

Now I have version 14 of PowerDirector after successfully updating.

Kindest regards

Roastie
Roastie [Avatar]
[Post New]
Update: All apps now updated. PhotoDirector being stubborn didn't last long. I restarted the CAM again in Administrator mode and this time it updated. All done.

Regards

Roastie
Carl312
[Post New]
Quote: Update: All apps now updated. PhotoDirector being stubborn didn't last long. I restarted the CAM again in Administrator mode and this time it updated. All done.

Regards

Roastie
Very Good! Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

cougarbait [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 30, 2021 14:11 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
6 years later this is still a problem... just encountered today. Running as Administrator did nothing.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Quote 6 years later this is still a problem... just encountered today. Running as Administrator did nothing.

I actually don't think your problem is related to this old thread as this was about PD13/14. Please look at the Read Me Before Posting guide and start a new discussion in the PD19/365 forum.

You should also download the latest version of the App Manager from your account page, like this:

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 30. 2021 15:03

imaref [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 02, 2010 14:03 Messages: 12 Offline
[Post New]
My update manager shows there is no update (which isn't correct). I'm on version 21.4.2812.0 and I can't update to 21.5 version because it's not showing. My account is paid through April 2024.

Contacted customer service and sent them screenshots. No joy so far.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
PD365 version 21.5 isn't released yet, despite the emailed announcement from CL.

I don't think anything's wrong with your App Manager, so just check again in a day or two, or when you see the moderator post on the forum that it's been released
optodata
[Post New]
FYI It's now availlable. https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/118928.page