Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Any way to slide a video along the timeline?
Dan [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 24, 2008 03:54 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
Is there any way to move video to certain locations on the timeline? All my video wants to attach to the left side. That's annoying me.

Thanks.
vn800rider
Senior Contributor Location: Darwen, UK Joined: May 15, 2008 04:32 Messages: 1949 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Dan,

Logically the timeline can't be 'empty' - even temporarily - so your first video clip will always be to the beginning of the time line.

If you want your video to start at a particular point, you can pad the timeline with, say, a black colourboard stretched to give a black screen for the required time. Does that help?

Cheers
Adrian Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated. (see below)
Confucius
AMD Phenom IIX6 1055T, win10, 5 internal drives, 7 usb drives, struggling power supply.
Dan [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 24, 2008 03:54 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
That's a great tip. I was accustomed to Sony Vegas allowing me to move video along the timeline. But my Vegas program is no more. It died on me. Other than this minor quirk, I am really digging Power Director. It seems way more professional than Vegas and has some great options.

Thanks for the quick reply!
vn800rider
Senior Contributor Location: Darwen, UK Joined: May 15, 2008 04:32 Messages: 1949 Offline
[Post New]
No problem, remember, if you're in a rush, it's always worth trying the search function to see if an answer (or suggestions/experiences) are around, saves hanging about waiting to see if anyone replies.

Cheers
Adrian Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated. (see below)
Confucius
AMD Phenom IIX6 1055T, win10, 5 internal drives, 7 usb drives, struggling power supply.
[Post New]
What is a colorboard?
How do you add one in PD7?
I looked in the PD7 help - it just says add colorboard
TIA Dats my Bongo...
Barry
Senior Member Location: N Attleboro, MA Joined: Jul 13, 2006 19:57 Messages: 295 Offline
[Post New]
While editing, you have a media library that holds the files you're currently viewing and using.
In the dropdown menu above it, it probably says "all media".
click on that and you can see that you can seperate the various media to make it easier to find things.
Part of that drop-down menu says "color boards".
You'd be surprised how many people miss that. Join/SignUp to SeeMyWorldOnVideo. We're PowerDirector Video Editors. Are you a member? - JOIN TODAY!
[Post New]
Well that makes one more....
Thanks for your help. Dats my Bongo...
babindia
Senior Contributor Location: India Joined: Aug 16, 2007 06:11 Messages: 884 Offline
[Post New]
A helpful feature (which is sadly missing ) is able to "pull & push" video clips
between main video track to PIP and back at will. This will save lot of time
while organizing clips. PC specs :
OS Windows 10.0 Pro
MB - AS rock Z77 extreme 11
Intel 3770K @ 4.0 Ghz OC
Gskill 32 GB RAM 1800 Mhz
6 TB HDD, SSD bootable
nVidia ASUS GTX 660 Ti
BenQ 22" LCD monitor 1920x1080

bjtap [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 19, 2009 23:35 Messages: 8 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: A helpful feature (which is sadly missing ) is able to "pull & push" video clips
between main video track to PIP and back at will. This will save lot of time
while organizing clips.

Babdi:
A great big second to that!

Also: reverse play of video.

Barry
Barry
Senior Member Location: N Attleboro, MA Joined: Jul 13, 2006 19:57 Messages: 295 Offline
[Post New]
I'll 3rd that!

the other Barry Join/SignUp to SeeMyWorldOnVideo. We're PowerDirector Video Editors. Are you a member? - JOIN TODAY!