Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Dissappointed - PowerDirector 14 Trial Version - Very Grainy Output
JohnDough [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 16, 2015 11:09 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Hello,

I am using the trial version of PowerDirector 14 to see if it will suit my needs.

Unfortunately, when I output the video (Produce) it is very grainy and not at all sharp.

Is this a trial limitation or software issue?

The output format was QuickTime Full HD 1920 x 1080/30p

And the input was 1080p video in MOV format.

Very dissappointed with the output.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
There are some significant limitations in the output formats of the trial version. See here for the details: http://www.cyberlink.com/downloads/trials/powerdirector-ultra/download_en_US.html

You may want to double check the output details of the test clip using a 3rd party media player like VLC to verify that you actually have full HD resolution. The bit rate may also have been be reduced from the original which could be why the result is grainy.

None of those issues would be present in the full version of PD, and Cyberlink does offer a 30-day money-back guarantee so you can use the unlimited version and verify that everything works with your clips.

If you wanted, you could pack the project and upload everything to a OneDrive or DropBox folder and post the link here. That would allow someone on the forum to produce your clip and then post a link to the output file so you could see the real quality.

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
Martini2771 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Riga, Latvia Joined: Apr 02, 2013 12:10 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
Hello, I'm also using the trial version of PowerDirector 14 to see if it will suit my needs.

The thing I noticed is when producing same project to identical outputs from PD 12 and PD 14 the rendering time in PD 14 is quite longer. Output was 30 second clip with some transitions, video enhancment and reduced contrast - MPEG-4 1280x720/25p (16 Mbps), Hardware video encoder enabled. Results were 0:48 seconds in PD12 and 1:04 in PD14

I wonder is this also some sort of limitation to trial version or that's the way it is in PD 14? i7-3770 | Gigabyte GTX 660 | Asus P8H77-V | Kingston HyperX 16 Gb RAM | Intel 330 180 Gb SSD | 2 Tb Seagate HDD | FSP Raider 550W 85+ | Nexus Prominent R case
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
It's hard to say directly, but if you look at the limitations shown in the above link you'll see that the trial version of PD14 does not include any codecs for H.264 (which includes MPEG-4), so it's using whatever codecs are already installed on your system.

I can't say if those are optimized for the format you chose or if you'll see better results in the full version. Your graphics driver and system hardware are also factors, and the only way to know for sure is to buy the full version from Cyberlink and test it out.

They have a 30 day money back guarantee, so if you're not happy with the performance you'd be able to return the product. You can also check for any specific issues you have here on the forum, and we'd be happy to help make sure everything's running correctly if you still see slower producing times.

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°