Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Several FX effects in PowerDirector 14 ....
Kenn11 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 31, 2011 23:58 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
Below is the 'questions-answers' as related to several of the FX effects.

In PD 13, if you dragged 'zoom in' to a clip on the time line, as the clip played, it would slowly enlarge (zoom in) the image.

In PD 14 (see answers from CyberLink below), the FX zoom in defaults at 171 times the orginal size and is static.

(I have found several other FX effects that are static.)

The way I interpret their answer, is to manually make the change at each keyframe, without the ability to save changes made to the FX effect.

I also get the idea, they do not plan to fix the issue.

For these FX effects, looks like back to PD version 1 or 2?

So, still looking for a way to modify a FX Effect, such as 'zoom in' and be able to save it to be able to drag and drop as using previous version of PD.

Below is the question/answers to my original inquiries.

===========================================previous information:

Subject: FX effects in PD 14 2015/10/08 07:58

In PDR13, the Zoom In effect is keyframed by default. It zooms from 0 to 57. In PDR14, it's set at a static 171. (Thank You 'YNOTFISH' for the technical info.)

I have found similar issue of non working/static for 'zoom out' and 'ripple'. May be other FX effects that do not work in PD 14?

How can I get these FX effects to work correctly in PD 14? (Upgraded from PD 13 to PD 14 Ultimate, Using Windows 8.1, all drivers up to date.)Thank you,Clarence

======

Customer Support Response 2015/10/09 15:29

Dear Clarence ,Thank you for contacting CyberLink Technical Support.I understand your concern regarding FX effect in PowerDirector 14.

In regards to your concern, I would like to inform you that 171 is a default setting in PowerDirector 14 you can adjust it accoarding to your wish.

After putting zoom in effect on time line --->left click on effect than click on modify than you can set the value height and width .

Please feel free to contact us back for any further clarification or for any assistance related to CyberLink Products.

=============================

The information you provided does not resolve the problem overall.

Yes, I can change the settings for each clip, but should not be necessary to do this everytime I want to use the fx effect.

If I change the PD 14 fx effect to the settings it should work as, is there a way to save the fx effect change?

Also, several other fx effects have become static in PD 14.

Will there be a 'patch' to correct all the fx effects that are static back to working effects or do we have to make changes each time I want to use each?

========================================

Technical SupportCustomer Support Response2015/10/09 16:48

Dear Clarence,Thank you for writing back.In regards to your concern,

I would like to inform you that the effects setting change will be same in the same as you saved the project but there is no such setting which can be done to every effect you have to change every time.

Please feel free to contact us back for any further clarification or for any assistance related to CyberLink Products. Thanks and Regards,AbhinavCyberLink Technical Support

Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
The information you provided does not resolve the problem overall. Yes, I can change the settings for each clip, but should not be necessary to do this everytime I want to use the fx effect. If I change the PD 14 fx effect to the settings it should work as, is there a way to save the fx effect change?
You should be able to copy the modified FX then Paste into the new location. When you copy (Ctrl+C) you copy all the setting of that Effect. Then you Paste (Ctrl+V) at the scrubber. Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.