Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
***** PowerDirector 14 beta patch (v2130) **** 2015-10-07
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
CyberLink information release

PowerDirector 14 beta patch (v2130)

Download link: http://update.cyberlink.com/Retail/Patch/PowerDirector/DL/TR150930-047/CyberLink_PowerDirector_Downloader.exe

Release note:
- Enhances program stability by fixing several crash and hanging issues encountered by some users.
- Enhances the video quality after applying Lens Correction of specific cameras.
- Enhances the video quality of H.265 video files produced using hardware encoding.
- Adds support for SVRT for H.265 videos produced with Intel hardware encoding.
- Fixes the issue that PiP objects don't follow the defined motion path after saving in the PiP Designer.
- Fixes the issue that the PiP preview window canvas displays abnormally after saving in the PiP Designer.
- Fixes the issue that PiP objects don’t move smoothly when position keyframes are applied in the PiP Designer.
- Fixes the issue that downloaded color presets are not displayed in the Action Camera Center.
- Fixes the issue that produced M2TS clips contain only audio when producing the video with NVIDIA hardware encoding.
- Fixes the issue that subtitle positions are moved on the created disc.
- Fixes the issue that producing 3D H.264 video files is not successful when issue using hardware encoding.
- Fixes the issue that title text's ease in value is not applied after re-selecting the keyframe.
- Fixes the issue that the playback slider stays at the same position after adjusting the speed setting to the fastest in the Speed Designer.
- Fixes the issue that a changed video speed setting is not applied after reopening the saved project.
- Fixes the issue that video aliases can’t be set in the Action Camera Center.
- Fixes the issue that pasted title text becomes invisible when the starting effect is applied.
- Fixes the issue that media filter buttons disappear after switching to the Edit module from the Produce module.
- Fixes the issue that a clip's position is shifted after modifying transition type.
- Fixes the issue that video clips captured by specific cameras are not auto-rotated.
- Fixes the issue that shadow files are not generated after importing an HEVC video.
- Fixes the issue that a subtitle's time is changed after deleting a subtitle in the middle.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Oct 14. 2015 04:07

Julien Pierre [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Apr 14, 2011 01:34 Messages: 476 Offline
[Post New]
Nice to see the rotation bug fixed, I was seeing that one with my Note 4 videos, but did not report it.

The only bug out of the 6 I was reported that is fixed in this lis tis :
- Fixes the issue that produced M2TS clips contain only audio when producing the video with NVIDIA hardware encoding.

Technically this was happening only with the latest nVidia driver versions. Now the resulting file has audio again even with the latest driver.

But still, the hardware rendering in my test case for this bug is twice as long with drivers 355.98 vs 347.88 . I'm not sure if the performance issue is in nVidia or Cyberlink code, but either way, despite the audio production bug fix in this latest PowerDirector patch, I still can't use the latest nVidia drivers - I had to revert again.

I have also found 6 additional issues doing some more tests - not sure if they are regressions in the patch or not. But I will be posting about them in the next few days and filing more support bugs too.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 07. 2015 06:39

MSI X99A Raider
Intel i7-5820k @ 4.4 GHz
32GB DDR4 RAM
Gigabyte nVidia GTX 960 4GB
480 GB Patriot Ignite SSD (boot)
2 x 480 GB Sandisk Ultra II SSD (striped)
6 x 1 TB Samsung 860 SSD (striped)

2 x LG 32UD59-B 32" 4K
Asus PB238 23" HD (portrait)
Bananacy [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 16, 2015 07:38 Messages: 29 Offline
[Post New]
nice! i hope this resolve the crashing i'm experiencing :
Paul1945
Contributor Location: South Africa Joined: Apr 12, 2014 14:11 Messages: 327 Offline
[Post New]
Oh Boys
My Wildebeest start smiling again !!!!!!!!!!! Editing 4k in Full HD...Please not back to the Romans !!! Pauls PC
X399 AORUS Extreme/AMD Ryzen2970WX/1xQuatro 4000 Driver:Geforce 419.67Skill V DDR4 64GB/3200MHz/Win10 prox64
Intel SSD 750/400 / Intel SSD 750/1.2Tb 1x4TB SSHD /1xSeagate 10TB pro
1xSamsung UA28D590 4k LUMIX GH5 1xLG HDR
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
The 2130 beta patch has an issue. Aspect ratio gets messed up in PiP Designer.

► Click Modify - make no changes - save - squished.

► Set a motion path - save - squished.

Screen capture...

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
All vodi
Senior Contributor Location: Canada Joined: Aug 21, 2009 11:24 Messages: 1431 Offline
[Post New]
ynotfish

Guess which section they worked on. Thanks for trouble shooting it. I was wondering for a while what was happening. Win 10, i7
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Yes HDedit - one little glitch renders the whole PiP Designer completely USELESS undecided

On a happier note, 4K HEVC files are now able to generate shadow files (2nd last item on the fix list)

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
dokang [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 22, 2015 09:10 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
Thank you for fast patch

Now It makes shadow files of imported h265 clips. Thank you!
yukeelun8046 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 25, 2015 02:31 Messages: 21 Offline
[Post New]
hi there

i had update the PD 14

but i am still trouble in the intel HD530 quicksync output

the video still no improve with flick and distor output

what is the reason??
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
New beta 2207: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/45900.page#237297