Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Lens correction
FNUSNU [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 03, 2015 09:28 Messages: 8 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

How can you set a whole project to a specific lens correction?

In most of my projects I'm using video taken with Gopro Hero 3 +, and I would really like to correct the lens distortion for all clips . Right now I'm using far too much time manually setting each clip in Action Camera Center.

Is it possible to either set the whole project to one specific lens correction, or mark all the clips on the timeline and then correcting the lens distortion for all of the clips in one go?
Michael8511
Contributor Location: U.S.A. Indiana Joined: Jan 14, 2012 16:12 Messages: 374 Offline
[Post New]
Fnusnu I have not try that with the GoPro yet. I have always used the one in the GoPro Studio software for that. It has always seam to be the fastest. I will have to try the one build in to PD 14.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TtFZdxEY0qY

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 03. 2015 10:19

Intel i7 5960X overclock to 4 Ghz 16 GB of ram.
GoPro 4
Canon VIXIA HF G10
Canon EOS Rebel T3
Canon EOS 70D
My Vimeo Channel http://vimeo.com/user3339631/videos
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Hi,

How can you set a whole project to a specific lens correction?

In most of my projects I'm using video taken with Gopro Hero 3 +, and I would really like to correct the lens distortion for all clips . Right now I'm using far too much time manually setting each clip in Action Camera Center.

Is it possible to either set the whole project to one specific lens correction, or mark all the clips on the timeline and then correcting the lens distortion for all of the clips in one go?

Maybe use the same lens correction in "Fix / Enhance" and then "Apply to All".

Jeff
[Post New]
Thanks Jeff, my eyes must have glazed over that option in 'Fix and Enhance' and can confirm that it works a treat.

Just hoping for a Drift HD170 profile soon - fingers crossed.

Cheers - Don Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit,
Processor: Intel i7-2600K CPU @ 3.40GHz (8 CPUs)
Memory: 16 GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050
120 GB SSD
Drift Ghost S Headcam
Michael8511
Contributor Location: U.S.A. Indiana Joined: Jan 14, 2012 16:12 Messages: 374 Offline
[Post New]
Fnusnu I went and put 3 GoPro 4 clips 1080P 30 fps in PD 14. I had about a half hour of video in them. I split the clips up for I had only 12:41 of video. I set the lens correction Fisheye Distortion to GoPro and model to GoPro 4. Being the 3 clip was all GoPro I hit the "Apply to All". I did not use any other effects and produce it to Mp4. I used the default 1080p 30 fps setting

My CPU ran at 100% It took 3:25 to produce it. But PD 14 brought up a error code 2 box at the end. It did not crash PD 14 It had some more info in the box, but I did not write it down. The 3 clips was all shoot with out Turning the GoPro off. I had turn the camera on to get footage of driving along the cost of Maui. When I play the produce file back it was all ok but for where the 3th clip started. 6:55 in to it. Then the screen was just black.

PD 14 seam to be fast at it. But I need to see what happen at that third clip. The file I put in plays fine and it was just where the GoPro breaks the clips up when filming for long time. Intel i7 5960X overclock to 4 Ghz 16 GB of ram.
GoPro 4
Canon VIXIA HF G10
Canon EOS Rebel T3
Canon EOS 70D
FNUSNU [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks a lot! Jeff, you just saved me from a ton of frustration and a lot of working minuts! :
FNUSNU [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thank you, Michael! :
Michael8511
[Post New]
I just went a tested it again I drop the same 3 clips that came out of the camera. I put the Fisheye Distortion lens correction in them. This time I has 12:23:29 of video and produce it with the same settings for mp4. CPU ran at 100% and took 4:26 to produce and I got error box. The error must of been cause by me starting the program Speccy why the first test was rendering to see what my CPU temp was at.

I will be using PD 14 to that work now.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 03. 2015 12:12

Intel i7 5960X overclock to 4 Ghz 16 GB of ram.
GoPro 4
Canon VIXIA HF G10
Canon EOS Rebel T3
Canon EOS 70D