Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
[Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 20, 2008 08:44 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I just got a new HP laptop(w vista) with youcam ver 2.0 pre-installed. I have updated youcam with the latest patch and the avatars still do not track my movements. tech support had me uninstall the program completely and reinstall with the latest version and it still does not work.

anyone have/had the same problem?

thanks
Liz
Jets2011
Senior Contributor Location: Canada Joined: Sep 29, 2006 05:26 Messages: 760 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Liz,

The read me file for YouCam 2 states a few things to try and ensure are set up correctly.

When you use an avatar effect, please ensure the video size is above 320x240 and avoid a low light environment. A video size below 320x240 is too small to track facial features accurately. Within a low light environment, such as a dark room or outdoors at night, most webcams drop their frame rates automatically, which will also result in poor tracking results.

CyberLink YouCam's facial tracking ability for avatars may decline when you move rapidly or move out of the webcam frame. When the facial tracking result is lost (the avatar's actions does not sync with your actions), please calibrate by placing your face in the center of the webcam video frame and then look straight at the webcam. CyberLink YouCam will automatically re-calibrate the facial tracking.

Ensure you are sitting relatively close to the webcam...though I am guess you are, since it is a laptop.

Dave
[Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 20, 2008 08:44 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Dave,

Thank you for that info, however I did read that and have already tried that several times in different lighting situations. My video cam is also set to the highest res (640 x 480). I have also searched the internet to see of anyone else had had anything similar happen but have not found any info. I can't believe I am the only one that this is happening to. Tech support has had me uninstall and download the completely updated version but that worked the same. I am still waiting to hear from them on what to do now.

Do you have any other suggestions?

Thank you
Liz
Jets2011
Senior Contributor Location: Canada Joined: Sep 29, 2006 05:26 Messages: 760 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

Unfortunately the only other variable in the equation is your web cam. There may be a possibility it is faulty.

Dave
Suzr [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 21, 2009 14:51 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I've had the same problem. I even bought the upgrade to YouCam3 and install the new download but still have the same probelm-avatars won't track. I also read the readme and did all the suggested "solutions". Very frustrating. Any help or idea others have would be greatly appreciated. I sent a message to tech support over 24hrs ago but still no relpy - only an email saying they recieved my message. Suzr