Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Correction of erase mistake in layers
Watercolorwilly [Avatar]
Senior Member Location: Phoenix Joined: Mar 13, 2011 11:35 Messages: 211 Offline
[Post New]
I've done some tedious work in isolating an object in a photo using PHD7 erase tool on a layer, but I see I erased too much in one spot. Tell me it isn't true that there is no way to undo an erased area without starting all over. Every other feature as a tool to brush over areas to undo the wrong erase work.

I certainly can't find it in the module, nor in any manual, tutorial, etc. Tell me I'm wrong, please. Bill Seifert
HP Pavilion Desktop TP01-2022
8 core
AMD Radeon
Windows 11, 16 GB RAM

[Post New]
Hello Bill,

I know you've pleaded for members not to tell you this, but there's no option to unerase in the Layers module undecided

In many other areas of PhD, an erased or modified section can be "brought back" be reversing the tool & brushing it back in. That's not the case in Layers. Sorry.

In the screenshot some stray grains of sand needed to be erased from the border. The only option to unerase was the Undo button. I'm fairly sure that would be next to useless in your current project!

PIX PIX YouTube channel
Watercolorwilly [Avatar]
Senior Member Location: Phoenix Joined: Mar 13, 2011 11:35 Messages: 211 Offline
[Post New]
How could you have told me such terrible news? I wonder if this was oversight, or a tough technical job that the put off for the next update. Sigh. Thanks.

(I'm still struggling with the inability to invoke PHD7 more than once on a photo in PD14. Tech support is responding, but every time I do, there is more work for me. An endless process. I suspect permissions have changed for some crazy reason, but I don't know where all the pieces-parts are that I should look for. Even then, I'm not sure what parameters should be corrected.) Bill Seifert
HP Pavilion Desktop TP01-2022
8 core
AMD Radeon
Windows 11, 16 GB RAM