Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Audio scrubbing
Antton [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 26, 2015 17:41 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Hello,

I'm very new to video editing and I'm looking for my first software.

I'm currently trying PD14 and was convinced it would be the one until I realised theres no audio scrub. I looked and looked but impossible to find it .

Does it exist at all for PD14?

Frankly it's kind of a deal breaker for me, audio scrub makes synchronizing sooooo much more easier.

Based on your personnal experiences, is audio scrub a must have or not?

PS : given the price of thoses software, using a 3rd party software to make it work wouldn't be acceptable to me sadly.

Thanks for your answers.
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Audio Scrubbing does not exist in Powerdirector, yet. It is not really that important, you can play the video in short bursts and you can step one frame at a time, so looking at the audio waveform can work. There is also the Multicam Designer that handles syncing multiple cameras by the audio.

Don't let that one feature stop you from getting familiar with Powerdirector. For a consumer level video editor, it is hard to beat for the price. Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

[Post New]
Just to a vote for s new feature in PD15, I would find it extremely helpful if there was an audio scrubbing feature http://HiBlue.com
Video studio in Bonn, Germany
capellma1960 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 31, 2016 11:12 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I definatly agree on the audio scrubbing feauture. I have to make a lot of precise cuts in video and even the option to narrow the play back window is not sufficient.
TeeMan1 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Nov 03, 2014 01:41 Messages: 91 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I definatly agree on the audio scrubbing feauture. I have to make a lot of precise cuts in video and even the option to narrow the play back window is not sufficient.

Make that one more vote for audio scrubbing in using the CTI. It is such helpful tool for those really tight edits. TeeMan
Jonasskygate [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 17, 2017 11:39 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I definatly agree on the audio scrubbing feauture. I have to make a lot of precise cuts in video and even the option to narrow the play back window is not sufficient.

Make that one more vote for audio scrubbing in using the CTI. It is such helpful tool for those really tight edits.

Yes please I am actually shocked that audio scrubbing doesn't exist in PD15. I work a lot on music videos so I will be having a tough decision here... I might have to look for another software which is sad. Please implement it !

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 17. 2017 11:44