Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Suggestions for PDR 15
[Post New]
Well, I have no interest in 360 video, mobile phone video, or Go pro sports stuff. So the only new feature for me is - blend modes. Sounds good, but too little to upgrade. And once again, and over and over again, I can see absolutly useless cartoonish non-professional font type presets. And my guess is, that those interested in Titler Pro plugin, will be again left in the water, with some typical company excuses ....
Russell1967
Senior Member Location: Kissimmee, Fl USA Joined: Aug 10, 2013 23:35 Messages: 165 Offline
[Post New]
Yeah, I am also not interested in 360 video editing, but blend modes and the mask designer might be worth it, depending on how full-featured they are.

For the time being, the titling I have with Titler Pro 1 is sufficient for my needs, but I can totally understand people needing or wanting more capability. As I mentioned earlier, this problem could be easily solved if PD was OpenFX compatible. This would open the door to hundreds of plugins as well.

Russell1967 System specs: Windows 7 Professional x64; Gigabyte Z77-DS3H motherboard with i5-3579K 3.8Ghz processor with 32GB RAM; Zotac GTX 760 w/4GB; 1xWestern Digital 1TB 10,000RPM HD; 1x Samsung 840 Pro SSD System Drive
gamebird [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 14, 2012 23:45 Messages: 28 Offline
[Post New]
Have the ability to hide tracks so you can juxtapose tracks that are too far apart to see how they relate to one another.
[Post New]
So it's out So the plug-in section says, it supports/delivers TitlerPro 1.5. So CL and FX had to work on bringing it onboard. I will be very disappointed, if the interface still will not allow Titler Pro 4 support. We will see - need to debate myself, if the Suite 4 to Suite 5 upgrade is worth it ....

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 13. 2016 07:51

BRUNO T. [Avatar]
Member Location: France Joined: May 06, 2016 06:15 Messages: 61 Offline
[Post New]
Hi all

just saw the PD15 is out !
The titler Pro 1.5 would interest me as you.
Do you know more about the real performance in editing ? a new engine truevelocity.. any tests by here ?

will certaineny move to PD15 ultimate to get those plugins but would like to be sure that my Pixelan plugins are also well supported. Will mail a question to Pixelan and keep the forum informed... I7 950, 10 Go Ram, GTX960, SSD 256, HD 2 To, with professional music devices.
PD 14 since dec 2015.
Russell1967
Senior Member Location: Kissimmee, Fl USA Joined: Aug 10, 2013 23:35 Messages: 165 Offline
[Post New]
Well, it looks like the 'Mask Designer' didn't add much, if anything. They basically just took the masking capabilities of the PiP Designer and made it a thing on its own. This YouTube video talks about the new features of PD15: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fccm4hLAvs0

Russell1967 System specs: Windows 7 Professional x64; Gigabyte Z77-DS3H motherboard with i5-3579K 3.8Ghz processor with 32GB RAM; Zotac GTX 760 w/4GB; 1xWestern Digital 1TB 10,000RPM HD; 1x Samsung 840 Pro SSD System Drive
[Post New]
Well, if one is not interested in 360 or vertical video, PD 15 got just the blending modes, nothing more to be excited about here ...

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 13. 2016 12:55

BRUNO T. [Avatar]
Member Location: France Joined: May 06, 2016 06:15 Messages: 61 Offline
[Post New]
Hmmm
May be better perf on editing timeline... To see ... I7 950, 10 Go Ram, GTX960, SSD 256, HD 2 To, with professional music devices.
PD 14 since dec 2015.
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Bug issue identified here http://forum.cyberlink.com//forum/posts/list/125/45634.page#248322 with "Burn to disc and Save as disc image are selected" not incorporated or fixed.

Bug issue identifed here http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/125/45634.page#245935 with transition behaviour not incorporated or fixed.

Jeff
JosephM [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 22, 2014 11:22 Messages: 43 Offline
[Post New]
New version, new problem :
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: New version, new problem :

That might be somewhat tolerable if the new version had issues with new features. This is more like new version all the same old problems!

Issue identified here http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/47262.page#247255 for PD14 beta thread monitored by CL does not appear corrected either. Basically if one drops very common 1920x1080 24Mbps source from many Canon cameras into the timeline and used Nvidia hardware encoding for a produce with the same format you get a downsampled bitrate vs the default profile. Use CPU encoding and you get exactly what the profile stated. With hardware encoding usually about 10-15% loss in bitrate for this profile and also Nvidia driver dependent. The ~10-15% loss can be easily noticed in many videos depending on scenery. A different encoder can achieve the average 22500 kbps in your default profile with Nvidia hardware encoding, why can't you?

CL developers, is this the release quality an end user should expect with PD? These known issues release after release? Another user here http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/49556.page with a issue I'm all too well familiar with. I'm usually a man behind my actions, if I buy something and make a mistake because I didn't research something that's my error, I'll bone up. I think this will be the first time since purchasing every version of PD since PD2 that I'll turn mine back in for a refund within 30 days. Not sure it's in me to do that as I bought it, but these continued same issues are pathetic.

Jeff
[Thumb - PD15_Hardware_encode.png]
 Filename
PD15_Hardware_encode.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
348 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
49 time(s)
BrianMitchell108 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 12, 2015 07:27 Messages: 36 Offline
[Post New]
-pekr- (or anyone else who has a 'full' version of 'Titler Pro 4' by NewBlueFX.

Simple question. Your 'Titler Pro 4'. When you use it as a standalone (there is of course no choice), does everything work WITHOUT a watermark? Sections of mine are just unuseable because the final exported movie is watermarked. Everything under 'Project templates' like 'Lower Thirds, Main Titles, Motion Bugs, Quick Edit templates', NONE of it works for me without a watermark appearing on the exported .mov movie. Is that the same for you?

I tried emailing them for help and I did actually get a reply...

==================

Edward (NewBlueFX)

Sep 23, 08:14 PDT

Brian, did you install our retail packages? It sounds like you
are using effects that were not purchased and activated which would explain why
you are getting a watermark.

NewBlueFX

===================

He is practically accusing me of using some cracked version which is absurd since I purchased it from THEIR website last Christmas.

Anyway I was just curious to know if your Titler 4 Pro standalone version (or anyone else reading this) works fully. Because mine certainly doesn't. Which is patently absurd that a software RETAIL package is sold that only half works!

I also asked 'Edward' from Newblue if there was any way to integrate Titler Pro 4 into PowerDirector 14 and his reply was...

=======================================

And, no, Titler Pro 4 will not integrate with Cyberlink directly
on the timeline. Version 1 has a small subset of the features found in Titler
Pro 4. Some of the new features require more features from the NLE and we've
been concentrating on the pro NLEs.

=======================================

That seems to indicate that 'Powerdirector' is lacking in the features necessary for integration. In other words they are passing the buck onto Cyberlink. It's their fault, not Newblue's fault that integration is impossible. And so they're 'concentrating on the pro NLE's'. I guess Cyberlink PowerDirector just isn't good enough to be considered 'Pro'.

Thank you in advance

Brian
[Post New]
It is a double speak, from both companies. So they let us use Titler Pro 1 few years ago, Titler Pro 1.5 with recent release, to just lock us in the situation, where you can't use their most recent version. And how is Sony Vegas more pro than CL?

This time, CL is not going to get my money for the upgrade, if they drag us into situation, where they promote Titler Pro 1.5 as a "feature", yet they are lazy to provide proper hooks to allow more pro solution to integrate ....
[Post New]
Thanks for the swift reply -pekr-. appreciate it. However I am really trying to figure out if anyone else who has the FULL RETAIL version of Titler Pro 4 and then uses it as a standalone gets watermarks on any creations they make with all the features provided. I understand people getting watermarks if they have used a trial version which has run out, but what about the RETAIL version which I paid full price for last Christmas? Do you get watermarks when using parts of the programme, like in the 'Project templates' section?

I'm trying to find out if Titler Pro 4 the RETAIL version comes complete, i.e. all parts are useable without watermark... ??

Thanks again.
Bhajje
Senior Member Location: France - Orléans Joined: Feb 06, 2011 11:30 Messages: 176 Offline
[Post New]
Hi, I have Titler Pro 4. I encountered this problem a few months ago. Newblue support sent me that:
Edward (NewBlueFX)
Feb 15, 05:02
Jean-Paul, please try opening the Application Manager, log out, and then log back in.
NewBlueFX
I applied that, and there were no more waterrmarks....
Jean-Paul

i7-4770K 3.50 GHz, Nvidia GTX 960 2 Go, SSD 500 Go, RAM 32 Go
Win 10 64 bits, DirectorSuite 365
[Post New]
It works for me ok. I am too, logged into their App Manager, but dunno if it has any influence.
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
So, Bhajje and Pekr, you actually have Titler 4 with no watermark, integrated as a plugin? Has anyone with Titler 2 or 3 able to make it work? But New Blue said it was not able to!
I am confused, but maybe this could use it's own topic thread, I would love to upgrade...can you both be specific on how you got it to work? And did anyone else try but fail to make it work?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 30. 2016 05:53

HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
Bhajje
Senior Member Location: France - Orléans Joined: Feb 06, 2011 11:30 Messages: 176 Offline
[Post New]
No, Barry, Titler Pro 4 is not usable as a plugin for PD.
I use it in the standalone mode, importing the export in PD. Jean-Paul

BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
OK, got it. Do you do it with "green screen"? I have used that method often, usually with Motion Studio 3D.

I suspect this thread will be locked soon as it is increasingly irrelevant. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
Bhajje
[Post New]
In Titler Pro 4, exported titles are MOV files with transparency.
When importing them in PD, you place them where you want without anything to do. Jean-Paul

[Post New]
Before this thread gets 'locked' just a quick update. 'Bhajje' suggested...

Hi, I have Titler Pro 4. I encountered this problem a few months ago. Newblue support sent me that: ******** Edward (NewBlueFX) Feb 15, 05:02 Jean-Paul, please try opening the Application Manager, log out, and then log back in. NewBlueFX ********* I applied that, and there were no more waterrmarks....

It worked! Well I can't say I've tried every option so far, but with a few I tried the watermark was gone. So there is the solution. Log out of the 'Application Manager' and then log back in. Watermark gone! Of course this only applies to the fully paid for Titler Pro 4. It won't work for a trial version that's run out.

BarryTheCrab ... No it is not integrated, I use it as a standalone and have to export every finished creation. That is still a major hassle for me. And still a major bug. They actually said in a recent email to me that 'PowerDirector' was not considered to be in their 'Pro' NLE's (and that is what their market focus is). Though as -pekr- pointed out, what does 'Sony Vegas' have that 'PowerDirector' doesn't? I have to admit I haven't tried 'Sony Vegas' so wouldn't know.

I do know that Cyberlink PowerDirector for me is still the cheapest and best and easiest to work with option if you don't need super duper options within options within options until you forget what you were looking for in the first place. And Cyberlink's 'DirectorZone' with all it's FREE creations still a wonderful add on. Everyone else seems to charge enough to buy a new car for every addon. Even NewBlueFX. They charge a fortune for every addon. Anyway thanks Bhajje for your suggestion.

Finally, talking about money, I still can't work out if PD15 is any better and worth adding on to my PD14? Maybe with a Christmas discount?