Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PD14 Menu Creation and Structure Changes
[Post New]
The PD14 description page has a Menu Designer section with a link to a tutorial that refers to PD13. Can any PD14 user confirm that the menu creation and customiztion options are the same as before?

Priod to PD13, the choice was to use an existing template, which might allow two, three, or more buttons or thumbnails per menu page, but not mixes, such as three on one page, 7 on the next, and 4 on a third.

The PD13 tutorial mentioned suggest that one can customize the count of buttons or thumbnails. However, it is not clear whether this frees one form the prior restriction that every menu page have the same numbers.

Something else: is it possible to add chapters that function as sub-chapters, or jump points, in a project without forcing PD to create sub-menus for each? My project consists of several extended files, each of which merits a menu button or thumbnail, but which also need some navegational back / forward options within each, but which don't justify a visible menu of their own. How done?

I would be wonderful if the Menu Stucture feature of the Disc Creation zone allowed one to drag and drop the chapters, as well as to create or delete sub-menus. Not possible?

Thanks. PowerDirector 12 (pondering 16)
Toshiba Qosmio X875, i7 3630QM 2.4 ghz, 16GB RAM, GeForce GTX 670M with 3GB video RAM.
HDC-SDT750, HX9V, GoPro Hero HD, LX7, LX100. Looking for, but cannot find, gear and software to author UHD 4k discs.
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Tasmanian -

As far as I can tell, the Menu module of Create Disc is unchanged from PDR 13. You can assume that the PDR 13 Menu tutorial applies equally to PDR 14. Version 13 did introduce some significant differences over previous versions, but PDR 14 hasn't.

Buttons per page (as in items/thumbnails) means just that when contructing a menu template. It applies your selection to every page. BUT - if your menu template has (say) 8 buttons per page & only 5 are needed, then only 5 are used/displayed.

Members would need more information about the specifics of your project to properly advise about how to structure the menus. There are different ways to go about it.

On the face of it, "adding chapters that function as sub-chapters, or jump points, in a project without forcing PD to create sub-menus for each?" doesn't sound doable.

Here's a tutorial on creating *Multi Level Menus*

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!