Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Motion tracker
Netspeed [Avatar]
Newbie Location: California Joined: Apr 10, 2013 17:43 Messages: 36 Offline
[Post New]
Using PD14 now. I saw the demo on the MT and it worked really well. I tried using it on the sample KiteSurfing.wmv. I made the box as small as possible and yet it doesn't follow the surfer all the way through the sequence. Is it possible that the contrast is not great enough. I know on Adobe After Effects the camera tracker needed a good standout object to track and was wondering if this the same way.
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Netspeed -

You're right. When that5 kite surfer does his flip, it throws motion tracker into a spin!

From my limited "playing" with Motion Tracker, it seems that it works best when the subject moves in a predictable way. It also prefers a subject that contrasts with the surrounds.

In that way, the kite surfer doesn't tick all the boxes... but it is possible to track him. Examples here - https://youtu.be/2vu69aGljhs Remember, these are early attempts.

You'll see a bit of jerkiness with the words & the arrow - that's because I tried to edit/correct the tracking.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
[Post New]
Hi everyone,

Have only just got 'Motion'Tracking' working due to a codec issue and can agree with Netspeed and Tony that it is finicky in use. However it is much easier than the tortuous keyframe method.

A lot of my video is from a motorcycle headcam and a censor on licence plates is needed sometimes. So well done PD 14.

Don Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit,
Processor: Intel i7-2600K CPU @ 3.40GHz (8 CPUs)
Memory: 16 GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050
120 GB SSD
Drift Ghost S Headcam
Netspeed [Avatar]
Newbie Location: California Joined: Apr 10, 2013 17:43 Messages: 36 Offline
[Post New]
Agreed....it is leaps ahead of keyframe method. Hopefully they'll keep tweaking it patches and updates. I'll shoot some footage with my DJI this weekend to see how it turns out.