Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
♥ PowerDirector 14 Ultimate Tutorials from PD University ♥
AlS
Senior Member Location: South Africa Joined: Sep 23, 2014 18:07 Messages: 290 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks Maliek. Great work as usual!
Power Director 13&14 Ultimate, Photo Director 6, Audio Dir, Pwr2Go 10
Win 10 64, Intel MB DH87MC, Intel i5-4670 CPU @ 3.40GHz, 16Gb DDR3 1600, 128Gb SSD, 2x1Tb WDBlue 7200rpmSATA6, Intel 4600 GPU, Gigabyte G1 GTX960 4GB, LG BluRay Writer
Maliek [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: San Antonio, Texas USA Joined: Nov 10, 2012 12:01 Messages: 851 Offline
[Post New]
Quote:
Quote:

If only I had some of those files to support that type of video. Also, I truly have not ben immersed in the older formats in many many years so my experience would not be current.

Hi, Maliek!

I do have a VHS recorder hooked up to my computer via capture card and, of late have been doing quite a bit of "rescue" work for a friend who has tapes of her family, going back to the turn of the century(20th to 21st, that is). A little touching up here and there and these old VHS tapes scrub up quite okay on DVD! CLPV proves useful here as well, bringing these old 4:3 aspect ratio clips out to 16:9 without making the people in the clips look like they've been "raiding the refridgerator"(ha-ha) really brings these old cips "up-to-date", as it were.

Cheers!

Neil.

I don't need anyone to change my aspect ratio to make it look like I've been raiding the fridge. LOL! Subscribe to PowerDirector University on YouTube.

Subscribe to PDU Mobile on YouTube.
Maliek [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: San Antonio, Texas USA Joined: Nov 10, 2012 12:01 Messages: 851 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Thanks Maliek. Great work as usual!

Thank you for watching AlS.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 20. 2016 15:54

Subscribe to PowerDirector University on YouTube.

Maliek [Avatar]
[Post New]
A few months after the movie premiere but better late than never...the Star Wars crawl tutorial.

Neil.F.1955 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Mar 07, 2012 09:15 Messages: 1303 Offline
[Post New]
Quote:

I don't need anyone to change my aspect ratio to make it look like I've been raiding the fridge. LOL!

Er... aaaah.... yeah! I really don't know how to answer that one, Maliek!embarassed Actually, it's to make people look like they haven't been raiding that fridge! Ha-ha!

Cheers!

Neil.
Maliek [Avatar]
[Post New]
Learn how to add subtitles to videos in PowerDirector.

Maliek [Avatar]
[Post New]
Learn how to make beautiful Karaoke videos using PowerDirector 14 Ultimate.

Andres.R
Senior Member Location: Tartu, Estonia Joined: Dec 31, 2009 02:26 Messages: 263 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Maliek,
I'm your follower in YouTube too! You do a good job!
PowerDirector 17. Windows 10
Processor: Intel Core i7-4770 (8M Cache, up to 3.90 GHz); Hard Disk: SSD 250Gb + SSD 500GB.

My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/AndresRootsi
[Post New]
thank you Maliek
Maliek [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: Hi Maliek,
I'm your follower in YouTube too! You do a good job!

Thank you Andres. I'm so glad that you follow my channel and my videos. Hopefully I've been able to show you a few useful things along the way. Subscribe to PowerDirector University on YouTube.

Maliek [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: thank you Maliek

You're welcome Theolilou. laughing Subscribe to PowerDirector University on YouTube.

Maliek [Avatar]
[Post New]
Is sideways or upside down mobile phone footage putting a damper on your day? Rotate that viedo and get your day pointed back in the right direction. laughing

Gail [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 14, 2016 19:02 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
How so I change the frame rate?
Maliek [Avatar]
[Post New]
Learn how to copy and paste media assets and keyframe attributes in PowerDirector 14 Ultimate.

tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
The Tutorial was a great review of Copy and Pasting in PD14. A fresh view of how to copy assets in several tracks at once is great here.
[Post New]
Great tutorial Maliek. Thank you.
Maliek [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: The Tutorial was a great review of Copy and Pasting in PD14. A fresh view of how to copy assets in several tracks at once is great here.

laughing Subscribe to PowerDirector University on YouTube.

Maliek [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: Great tutorial Maliek. Thank you.

smile Subscribe to PowerDirector University on YouTube.

Maliek [Avatar]
[Post New]
Watch this tutorial and make your voice heard. smile

Neil.F.1955 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Mar 07, 2012 09:15 Messages: 1303 Offline
[Post New]
Hi, Maliek!

I've had my own routine for "voice-overs" or "narration". I tend to complete my editing to a stage where I have all my clips in place, all transitions, titles, music(not always used), opening and closing visual effects and any captions. I render this once, then, either immediately, or perhaps later, I'll open up the finished render and watch it via Windows Media Player(I'm still using Windows 7), with an empty "Word" document opened. I view the video, then, pausing at points through the video, I type in what I want to say at that point. When that's complete, I print out my "narration script", then I record an MP3 audio "track", which I import into PD14(or 8 if I decide to use it) along with the video, dropping the video onto its timeline first, I play it until the point appears for my first comment. I drop the narration track onto(in PD14) any unused audio track, or(in PD either the voice-over or music track. I play until I reach the end of each "comment", split the audio track at that point, then,(with Ctrl+X) cut the remaining audio track and paste it at the point of my next comment, repeating the process until all comments are in place. Labourious, yeah! Time-consuming, yes to that too! But I do get the result I want. "It works for me!" The audio software I use: Sony Sound Forge!

Cheers!

Neil.
Maliek [Avatar]
[Post New]
Yes Neil that does sound like a bit of work but if it works for you and gives you the results you want then it is worth it. laughing I have yet to use Sony Sound Forge but I have heard nothing but good things about it. Subscribe to PowerDirector University on YouTube.