Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
activation difficulty
whitespace2000 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Plantation, Florida Joined: Sep 15, 2015 10:16 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
I just downloaded and installed PD14. When I attempt to load the program it quits before asking me for the activation key. I never see the activation window. What would you recommend? Thanks for your assistance.
Ed71 [Avatar]
Senior Member Location: Dorset, United Kingdom Joined: May 17, 2008 14:32 Messages: 207 Offline
[Post New]
When I installed mine (Director Suite 4) it asked for the activation key as part of the installation, (fairly early on) rather than after installation.

May be worth un-installing / re-installing?

The activation key came as part of a seperate email at the time of purchase.

Others on here may have a better / more specific answer. Director Suite 365
AMD FX-8320 3.50 GHz Eight-Core
Samsung SSD 850 EVO 250gb (OS)
Seagate 2TB SATA-III Hybrid 7200RPM Hard Drive (Data)
Toshiba 4TB SATA-III Hard drive (Archive)
24GB Memory
Nvidia GeForce GTX 650 2gb
Microsoft® Windows 10 (64-bit)
whitespace2000 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Plantation, Florida Joined: Sep 15, 2015 10:16 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
No luck. I tried twice, once with admin rights. It quits before I see an activation window
Ed71 [Avatar]
Senior Member Location: Dorset, United Kingdom Joined: May 17, 2008 14:32 Messages: 207 Offline
[Post New]
Are you saying it quits before the programme is even fully installed? If so this would indicate something wrong with the download.

Try download again? Director Suite 365
24GB Memory
whitespace2000 [Avatar]
[Post New]
The program seems to install completely. It then prompts "start powerdirector now?" It starts to load with a grey box that says activating. Then another grey box appears and says activation failed. Then it quits.
Ed71 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Do you have Internet connection? I saw the activation window appear couple of times then programme loaded, I assume it was connecting with the Cyberlink server, may be very busy first day of new programme? They have also been known to have activation issues in the past so may be more to do with them than you? Worth trying later? Director Suite 365
24GB Memory
whitespace2000 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Yes, I am connected. However you may very well be correct about it being a connectivity issue. Thank you for your observation.
whitespace2000 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Work-around time again! I downloaded, installed and regstered the trial version. Then I reinstalled the real ugrade and it loaded the activation window, accepted the key and loaded. All's right with the world.
Bananacy [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 16, 2015 07:38 Messages: 29 Offline
[Post New]
I have the same problem.

Installed fine, entered the key i got by email and it said no intern found, please activate later.

But how do i activate it? i can't find the option anywhere.

/J
Bananacy [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 16, 2015 07:38 Messages: 29 Offline
[Post New]
I was able to activate a codec offline, but still cant figure out how to activate the program, please help.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 17. 2015 06:14