Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Concurrent User Sessions are not supported.
starwarsgrrl365 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Texas Joined: Sep 14, 2015 18:52 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Good morning,

I was running PD13 for a few hours right after purchasing, until it crashed, and now it will not re-open no matter what I do. I get an error message that says "Concurrent User Sessions are not supported."

I've searched this forum and Googled but I have not been able to find an answer to my question. I just purchased PowerDirector 13 yesterday (around midnight) and I'm running Windows 10. Everything was going along fine for the first few hours, then it crashed and now the program is useless to me because I can't get it to open. At all.

I've rebooted my computer several times, in my searches online I've found various sites that say to go in and kill processes associated with the program and those solutions have not helped. I've submitted a ticket to CyberLink Tech Support which they've not responded to at all.

And PD13 will not open at all - I cannot work, cannot get to the only project I've begun...

Any advise or help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Sam
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Update to the latest patch v3130 by opening this link: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/44734.page , reboot and try again. That patch is for windows 10 compatibility.

Let us know if the update help...
starwarsgrrl365 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Texas Joined: Sep 14, 2015 18:52 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I updated to the v3130 patch and everything seems to be working perfectly.

Thanks so much for your help!!
Terminal [Avatar]
Member Joined: Dec 30, 2015 22:38 Messages: 56 Offline
[Post New]
Powerdirector's code must look like swiss cheese because I've gotten so many different bugged error codes it's not even funny anymore.
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
When this message appears, go into Task Manager and kill the process. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
Quatryle [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 27, 2017 13:57 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Quote When this message appears, go into Task Manager and kill the process.

I'm getting this problem too and PDR.exe is not currently running. I had another Cyberlink program and tried closing it out but I still get that error
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote When this message appears, go into Task Manager and kill the process.

I'm getting this problem too and PDR.exe is not currently running. I had another Cyberlink program and tried closing it out but I still get that error
Have you tried rebooting your computer?

Sometimes there is a function left running in Powerdirector if the shutdown was not proper. (Program crash).

You may be able to see it running in Task Manager, It could be on the Process tab or on the Services tab. Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

Longedge [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Apr 28, 2011 15:38 Messages: 1504 Offline
[Post New]
Error messages are a useful pointer to what has gone wrong. I wish PDR would always throw the error but it doesn't!

I'm building a Windows application for my computer which runs in an 'always on top' window with amongst other things shortcuts to all my apps. While testing, the shortcut to PDR simply wouldn't work?? Task Manager however revealed four instances of the process running.
Neil.F.1955 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Mar 07, 2012 09:15 Messages: 1303 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Error messages are a useful pointer to what has gone wrong. I wish PDR would always throw the error but it doesn't!

I'm building a Windows application for my computer which runs in an 'always on top' window with amongst other things shortcuts to all my apps. While testing, the shortcut to PDR simply wouldn't work?? Task Manager however revealed four instances of the process running.

Have you tried using Ctrl+Alt+Delete to enter Task Manager? You may see it(PD13) sitting in there and listed as "running". Click on "End Task", that should shut down the "phantom" running of your Power Director 13.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 01. 2017 12:50

Longedge [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Apr 28, 2011 15:38 Messages: 1504 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Have you tried using Ctrl+Alt+Delete to enter Task Manager?

I used "tasklist" and "taskkill" as I had a CLI open checking what had gone wrong but yes Windows Task Manager would be the normal way.

I was making the point that although PDR manages to 'intercept' a call to open it if a previous instance is already running it does not always throw the error message, the process is created and it's then possible to end up with multiple instances running without any apparent cause.
roadtripswithyogi [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 17, 2020 21:22 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I've tried to "kill" the process in task manager a couple of times but it still isn't helping. I have restarted my laptop numerous times now and the "Concurrent User Sessions Are Not Supported" still shows up when I try to open PD19. Any other suggestions?
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
It's generally better to start a new discussion so the advice will be relevent to the current version of PD.

See if the information in this post helps. If not, you can try uninstalling PD19 and then reinstall it.