Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Face Tags, Face Tag Editor and
ROBERT58 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 17, 2010 23:43 Messages: 24 Offline
[Post New]
I am running PhotoDirector 6.06225.0

1. I cannot find anywy to display the face tages that have been assigned to each photo. They do not appear in the Metadata tab once they are entered.

2. The Face Tage Editor does NOT open after installing the 6225 update.

3. I can assign TAGS to each photo and they are visibel in the Metadata tab however when I attempt to tag a new photothe tags that I have already entered are ont available from pick list. Does this feature not exist in Photo Director?

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Sep 13. 2015 00:52

[Post New]
Hello ROBERT58,

After you apply face tags to a photo or group of photos, the only way to check the face tags is by selecting the "tag" under Tags. The face tag does NOT appear in the metadata until the photo is exported, if you select that option in Export Preferences.

You can check this under Windows > Properties > Details > People

""

The Face Tag Editor does does not appear by default. You need to select Face Tag Tools, (just above the Export button, as shown below

""

Any photo that's been face tagged can be re-checked and other tags added.

PIX PIX YouTube channel
ROBERT58 [Avatar]
[Post New]
I have the Face Tag Editor visible on the toolbar and when I click on it it does not start. I have just tried again and made sure the image that I had selected already had Face Tags assigned.

The ability to see the "Face Tag" is something that Adobe Photoshop Elements (Version 13) does extremely well and make it easy to review this information by just selecting the image and viewing the assigned tags. FYI: I tried taking a screen capture to show you but could not figure out how to insert into the message reply.

It is to bad that Photo Director V6 requires you to export the photos to get the "Face Tag" information visible. In my opinion this is a MAJOR shortcoming of the software.

If I cannot resolve the background music issue when producing a slideshow then I may have to return the software. I do like some of the other features that this software has but these two are major show stoppers for me.

Thanks for your quick reply.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Sep 13. 2015 00:51

ROBERT58 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Look like I may have this one fixed. I noticed that when I click on the Face Tag Editor the icon to the right becomes active if there are face tags already in the photo.

It also allows me to see the existing face tags in the photo. It is not as clean as Adobe Photoshop Elements but it is usable.

I still have the background music issue on this computer and menu issue on another computer to resolve.

I am hoping that they will provide me free upgrade to PHD7 since I just purchased the PHD6 upgrade.