Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Audio level adjustement of a clip on the timeline
jcvideo [Avatar]
Newbie Location: France near Paris Joined: Sep 03, 2015 17:21 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
Hello,

I'm newbie with PowerDirector (V13 build 3130 : director suite 3) and I am currently in the phase of training of this program.

I experienced a bug or strange behavior with an imported EVCHD media (mts Panasonic or Sony source) with audio editing on the timeline :
It is not possible to adjust the audio level of the entire clip (for only one clip not for the track) by clcking and dragging the first dot of keyframe at the beginning of clip. It is needed to adjust dot keyframe at the beginng and at the end of clip.

This is a non productive behavior (for should be improved). frown

Nevertheless, this behavior seems not applicable for HDV media in powerDirector (reported by a people in France).
It seems possible to adjust audio level by clicking and dragging only the dot keyframe at the beginnig of clip.

Is other people reporte this strange behavior ?

JC
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Try this: Highlight the first clip on the track. Go to the audio mixing room and move the audio gain slider to the left to lower volume for the entire track and vice versa.

You mean AVCHD, not EVCHD and that is probably why no one replied. I was hesitant because I don't have any EVCHD clips to try out.
jcvideo [Avatar]
Newbie Location: France near Paris Joined: Sep 03, 2015 17:21 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
Sorry ! this is a typo mistake. Yes, AVCHD

I try your method but the adjustment of audio level is for entire track. I want adjust the level for only the clip directly on the timeline.

I experienced an other strange behaviour :
It is possible to adjust the audio level for entire AVCHD clip if this clip is created by the 'detect scenes' system and under the conditions :

- IF several scenes are detected
- and after 'Restore to original Volume level' is applied to the clip
then I can modified the volume for entire clip by clicking and dragging the left dot on the waveform

Try this test !

Thank you and sorry for my bad english language

JC
[Post New]
PD in the volume of audio video to have to adjust at the beginning and end of the clip.
Otherwise, unlink audio and video, cursor at the beginning of the clip, key value in the DB box and Enter.
The volume rises evenly.
Link audio and video case will continue editing the same. AMD-FX 8350 / 8GB DDR3
SSD SUV400S37240G / 2-HD WD 1TB
AMD Radeon R9 270 / AOC M2470SWD
Windows 7-64 / PD16 Ultimate