Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Motion slideshow designer always too long
jaymay22
Member Location: Sydney, NSW, Australia. Joined: Aug 27, 2009 07:18 Messages: 143 Offline
[Post New]
Can you answer what may be a simple question please?
I often use the slideshow creator, and always the Motion Slideshow designer.
l need the slideshow to be shorter than it's producing. In otherwords, I want each image to show quicker, not the 3-5 seconds (it's hard to say with the fade) that it always seems to produce.
I have changed the duration in Options: Editing: Image files, to 2 secs, however that is only changing the default timeline duration, not the ultimate produced slideshow duration of each image.

How can I do this? Jenny
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Jenny -

The Motion slideshow template (& all the others) has a "mind of its own". It completely ignores your preferences.

The simplest option, if you want to use the slideshow template, is to:

1. Build the slideshow

2. Produce it

3. Insert the produced file in the timeline (replace the slideshow)

4. Use Power Tools > Video Speed to speed it up.

If you're doing that, be careful to decrease the motion of each image in SS Designer or you may give your viewers motion sickness! "laughing"

The alternative is building the motion slideshow manually in Magic Motion. THEN - you control the duration of each image.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
NonnyM [Avatar]
Member Joined: Dec 04, 2012 13:40 Messages: 51 Offline
[Post New]
I have a feeling that you can make the slideshow the same length as a sound clip'

I made a white noise clip of the duration I required and the slides sorted themselves out. Mounted the completed file in PD then stripped of the audio.

Apologies it may have been a different video edit program I used.

Rgds Win 7 Home SP 1, PD 13
Processor i5-4460 CPU @ 3.20GHz, 3201 Mhz, 4 Core(s), (RAM) 8.00 GB, Sys Drive 120 gig SSD, Data Drive 1 Terrabyte, Nvidia GeForce GTX 750Ii , Portable USB3 2 Terrabyte

ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi NonnyM -

Your feeling is absolutely correct.

Unfortunately, when you do that with slideshow templates they either (a) leave out images or (b) duplicate them in the slideshow, so it matches the duration of the music. The duration of each photo stays the same.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
jaymay22
Member Location: Sydney, NSW, Australia. Joined: Aug 27, 2009 07:18 Messages: 143 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks Tony, thanks NonnyM,
very helpful. I will try your suggestion. I don't know why I didn't think of that. Duh.
Will get back to you with results.

cheers,
Jenny Jenny