Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Adding Text makes video choppy
Darel [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 15, 2008 20:32 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Hi. I'm using PowerDirector7. I have added text to a video (lyrics to a video of the song) and each time a new box (title track) is reached it causes a split second pause in the video which makes it choppy. Any ideas anyone?
Cranston
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Aug 17, 2007 02:26 Messages: 1667 Offline
[Post New]
Darel,

Is that delay still there when viewing a draft of your production, even after you've produced/rendered it to an Mpeg2, or Avi, or Mpeg4 production and viewing it in a Media Player?

I often experience the same stutters while working and viewing things in PD7's "preview screen". (This probably owing to being a little underpowered computer and graphics card wise.)
But once produced to Mpeg2, or Avi, or Mpeg4, and viewing a draft of my project in a media player, things usually look fine.

I've found that changing the resolution of PD7's "preview screen" to "Low", eliminates most of those stutters and freezes in the "preview screen". Then I can work virtually stutter and freeze free, as I work on and monitor my edits for the general things like duration, timing, syncing the start/stop of VO or music track, and those kind of overall "general" work flow type things that really don't require high resolution monitoring. Then when I get to where I may be adjusting and fine tuning "color correction" or "sharpness", or image "detail" things, I switch back to High resolution to monitor my changes to that one particular image or segment.

Now all of this may not pertain to your exact problem, but in general, I've found that PD7 (on my rig anyway) prefers it when you monitor your editing progress in Low resolution, because I guess it just likes it when it doesn't have too work that hard. And I can relate, cause that's something PD7 and I have in common, hahaha. Click here PDtoots for a collection of PowerDirector Tutorials and Tips
rick@saterstad.com [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 15, 2008 17:30 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Appears I have a similar problem.
Where do you find the adjustments to do as you say?
You wrote:
"I've found that changing the resolution of PD7's "preview screen" to "Low", ..."
Thanks!
~Rick
Cranston
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Aug 17, 2007 02:26 Messages: 1667 Offline
[Post New]
Rick,

At the Preview Screen control buttons, left click on the Rectangle (in a rectangle) button, which is just to the right of the Fast Forward button. This is where you can access the Snapshot Tool and Screen Resolution options.

-Cranston- Click here PDtoots for a collection of PowerDirector Tutorials and Tips
Darel [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 15, 2008 20:32 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks Cranston. You were bang on. After rendering it seems to run smoothly. I burned it on a single layer using "shrink to fit" but am not happy with the quality (original file is 7.5GB) and now I'm getting a "Burn Failed: Error Code eb020b8d" when trying to burn to a double layer disk. I've sent in a support ticket to try to resolve that problem. Have you been through that before? Thanks for your help!

Darel
Cranston
[Post New]
Hi Darel,

I’m glad the low resolution thing was helpful.

As far as DVD creation, I do very little of that, and have had mixed results.
The goofy little productions I create on PD7 are mostly done for the purposes of posting to my Youtube channel and the SeeMyWorldOnVideo site (links in my profile).
So I’ll leave that aspect of PD7, that appears to be rife with pain, misery, confusion, and disappointment, to the far more knowledgeable members here to comment on.
If you use the "search" feature, you’re certain to find someone with the same or similar issues to those you are having.

Good Luck,

-Cranston-
Click here PDtoots for a collection of PowerDirector Tutorials and Tips