Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Losing My Patience
Russ [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 14, 2008 11:22 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I'm sure this has come up before.. but the good Ol Power Director 5 NE Express that came with my Everio doesn't work.

When I am in the Power Cinema program and ask for advanced editing.. the program just dumps me out.. no lock up no hang up .. nothing.. just out to my desktop.. nice..

When I try to start Power Director as a stand alone program .. it asks for my key code. When I contact JVC customer support.. the friendly person on the other end says... huh .. and tells me to uninstall and re-install .. which I have tried to no avail. When I call them back ..all they can say is .. huh. Not too helpful.

I read this .. I found that codec vssv.ax was in conflict with other codecs packaged on my system.
Removed the packaged codecs and all seems to work fine now.

But have no idea how to do this.. please help me out here.. I am expected to make this work and get these videos ready for the boss.. by the end of this week.. and that's today..

Thanks in advance.
Mitchell [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 30, 2008 23:00 Messages: 23 Offline
[Post New]
The camera came with bundled Cyberlink software ( Cyberlink Power Cinema, Power Director and Power Producer )

Power Cinema-This is just used to Backup video files (MOD) from the camera to the PC via USB connection.

Power Director-This program will accept the saved MOD and allow you to edit the movie footage. Then you have 2 options.

1. Save as a AVI or MPEG 2 file on you PC.

2. Burn to DVD.

Power Producer-This program will open if you choose to burn a DVD for Power Director.

Power Cinema is only used to back up the files from the camera to the PC. Once this is done use Power Director to import the movie file and put thenm into the time line once this is done, you can burn to DVD by clicking on the produce button.

this will open up Power Producer to allow you to burn.....

Russ [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 14, 2008 11:22 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Thank you Mitchell for your reply. I guess the main problem I have is that when I try to fire Power Director Express, it asks for a key code. The only key code that I see appears on the start up of the disc... and it isn't enough digits/letters. So I don't know... I don't think it should be asking for a key code at all. JVC is sending me another disc with PD Express 5 .. and I am thinking it will do the same thing. In the meantime I am using a trial of PD 7 .. which leaves a nice "trial" statement for the first 5 seconds. If you have any other ideas let me know.

Thanks Again
Russ
Mitchell [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 30, 2008 23:00 Messages: 23 Offline
[Post New]
You may have a program called " Power DVD" this is a Cyberlink program, that is pre-installed in you PC. Just so you know it is a trial virison . I would suggest that you uninstall all Cyberlink programs ( Power Cinema, Director, Producer and DVD, reset the computer and then just install the CD that came with the camera......

Let me know how you go