Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Windows 10 Compatibility
oldthor [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 10, 2015 15:27 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
So far I've struck out with this software. I tried running this on my primary system and the end result is jerky videos regardless how I produce them . The finished videos show speed variations when playing back yet the orginal material before editting plays flawlessly. I tried installing PowerDirector 13 on my laptop also runnning Windows 10 and it just bombed and aborted during the install. At least for me I have to say this software is NOT compatible with Window 10 even with the latest patches
[Post New]
Do you have Nvida graphicscards on your systems? I'm using AMD myself and have no problems though I've heard several people complain about Nvidia's drivers on Windows 10.
Paul1945
Contributor Location: South Africa Joined: Apr 12, 2014 14:11 Messages: 327 Offline
[Post New]
I have only smale problems with Timeline Speed the rest 100 % sory but i am Editing in full 4k NIVIDIA

Look at my Editing Computer ( sorry WIN 10 )

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Aug 12. 2015 09:38

Pauls PC
X399 AORUS Extreme/AMD Ryzen2970WX/1xQuatro 4000 Driver:Geforce 419.67Skill V DDR4 64GB/3200MHz/Win10 prox64
Intel SSD 750/400 / Intel SSD 750/1.2Tb 1x4TB SSHD /1xSeagate 10TB pro
1xSamsung UA28D590 4k LUMIX GH5 1xLG HDR
oldthor [Avatar]
[Post New]
I'm runniing an older nvidia graphics card (GTX260) which appears to be an issue with PD13 according to this forum. No mention on the minimum requirements on the package though. I'll be installing a EVGA GTX960 today but I believe Windows 10 is the issue, again software claims compatibility but is concidered an issue AFTER you purchase it. Kind of like advertising a car having great acceleration then explaining to the buyer AFTER purchase you meant only down hill with a tail wind. I know no software supplier can claim full compatibility across the board but come on this compatability claim with windows 10 is a stretch in my opinion and so are the software's minimum hardware requirements.
[Post New]
Well, it's allways good to check the requierments online too. You'll find them at
http://www.cyberlink.com/products/powerdirector-ultra/spec_en_EU.html?&r=1

Might be that Windows 10 changed things around as those specs say that it should be compatible. Also, I just saw that it has some issues with some of the latest drivers for Nvidia. Let's hope they'll (PD or Nvidia) find a fix for it.
CoolBalla15 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 08, 2015 13:42 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
The only problem I have with PowerDirector 13 is not being able to render DV AVI files in Windows 10. Otherwise, I installed it with no problems. And I can render with other videos files just fine.
oldthor [Avatar]
[Post New]
Installed the EVGA GTX960 last night and it made a huge difference in rendering time. I didn't have alot of time to fully exercise PD13 but I did a quick render of a short 1080P file that was jittery and stuttered during playback before the new video card and results were excellent. Rendering time dropped by 75% and there was no noticable stuttering during playback so I'm optimistic about this upgrade being a solid solution
[Post New]
Glad to hear that!
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi oldthor,
As soon as I saw you mention the old card 260.... the issue looked really obvious. Then you stated you were upgrading the card...wham you were already going to correct the issue. Good to read the end result. Thank you for posting the follow up.
FYI The 260 if I recall correctly couldn't even use the benefits of DirectX v11 and with DirectX 12 in W10...
Dafydd